Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
We'll release next week another RC version which is quite stable, but we're scared to call it gold because of all the undocumented changes!

Some of you know already, that it was planed to release it as christmas present, but unfortunately we won't be able to release it in 2013.
Our paid addons and clients have priority!
Christmas is also a really busy time where our coders will get some time for their family, before we all get back into the cage to code 24/7 to bring some brandnew great addons next year;)

Probably we shouldn't have posted http://xenforo.com/community/threads/simple-portal.48572/page-10#post-610625 :D :( but now it's posted and we won't break our word!) It's also really sad, that too many portal users prefer to remove the branding without wanting to pay for it and it's absolute not economic to work on this..:p

As promised, here's the 1.2.0 RC4 Release
We hope that the next release will be gold:)

This is Unsupported Software for people who want to help us with testing!
If you choose to run unsupported software, it is your responsibility to ensure that you make a backup of your data. We recommend you do this before attempting an upgrade.

Changehistory will follow with the gold version release!

Our demo http://demo.extralicense.com/ is was also upgraded to RC4

Attachments

Help.

I just installed this and though the portal is showing up http://www.buzzdrone.com/portal/ I don't have any options to promote threads. Neither when I'm creating a new thread nor in the thread tools drop down menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Never mind, my admin account usergroup setup was all kinds of confused. It works now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
I've got this grey area showing in the promoted threads (see attached), any idea why this is happening? I'm using Xendisconnect style and the grey seems to be pulled from the thread user info background.

Attachments

• extra portal.webp
    extra portal.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 21
I've got this grey area showing in the promoted threads (see attached), any idea why this is happening? I'm using Xendisconnect style and the grey seems to be pulled from the thread user info background.
yes, it's from the message background.

Could you pls try to add following code to the el_portal_EXTRA.css template: ( it's a code snippet out of my head, i don't have access to a testinstallation ATM)

Code:
.simpleportal_index .message{
background-image:'' important!;
}

yes, it's from the message background.

Could you pls try to add following code to the el_portal_EXTRA.css template: ( it's a code snippet out of my head, i don't have access to a testinstallation ATM)

Code:
.simpleportal_index .message{
background-image:'' important!;
}
I can't find the " el_portal_EXTRA.css" template but there's a "simpleportal_EXTRA.css" template so I tried adding the code to that but noticed no difference unfortunately.

Thanks for getting back to me BTW.

I can't find the " el_portal_EXTRA.css" template but there's a "simpleportal_EXTRA.css" template so I tried adding the code to that but noticed no difference unfortunately.

Thanks for getting back to me BTW.

Try doing:

Code:
.el_portal_index .messageList .message { background-image: none; }

Should do the trick in extra.css

Try doing:

Code:
.el_portal_index .messageList .message { background-image: none; }

Should do the trick in extra.css
Thanks Russ but it didn't remove the grey strip - I'm at a loss...

I uninstalled and re-installed - removed the code and replaced the code, but I'm afraid the strip remains (its' probably my fault somehow :)).

I've tried both those codes in my EXTRA.css - I have a child style Russ made up for me coming off XenDisconnect so I'm placing the code into that styles template.

I've tried both those codes in my EXTRA.css - I have a child style Russ made up for me coming off XenDisconnect so I'm placing the code into that styles template.

Ah, I think you're still on simple_portal, your body tag is: simpleportal_index

Not sure if the template is just outdated or you're running the old version.

I guess the fix without upgrading would be:

.simpleportal_index .messageList .message { background-image: none; }

Reactions: Dan
Ah, I think you're still on simple_portal, your body tag is: simpleportal_index

Not sure if the template is just outdated or you're running the old version.

I guess the fix without upgrading would be:

.simpleportal_index .messageList .message { background-image: none; }
Oh, I thought I had upgraded to Extra Portal (actually, I had uninstalled Simple Portal and deleted the files off the server before installing Extra Portal) I tried SP ages ago and uninstalled it... I must have stuffed something up.

Yep, that works @Russ - thanks mate. Now I just need to find out what's gone wrong with my install.

The bit I posted above would work through upgrades. If you need an extra set of eyes to see whats going on just ask.

Top Bottom