XF 1.2 Even More New Stuff

Even a Sunday doesn't stop the new features coming in 1.2. However, this is likely to be the last HYS for XF 1.2, so take that as you wish. :)

User preference to disable Flash uploader
Some users have run into problems where Flash is enabled but Flash-based uploads would fail. Individual users can now turn off the Flash uploader even if the admin has enabled it.

Robot identification in online visitors
The online visitors lists now distinguishes guests from robots based on user agent and counts them separately.

When viewing the list of online users, robots will be displayed differently, showing you a bit of information about the robot. The online users list can now be filtered to just members, guests, or robots.

Command-line upgrader
For larger forums, particularly ones concerned with time outs from modifications to large tables, 1.2 adds a simple command-line-based upgrade system (library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php).

Note that this doesn't handle replacing files. It simply substitutes running the <url>/install/ portion.

Attachment thumbnail rebuild
Attachment thumbnails can now be rebuild via Tools > Rebuild Caches. This is generally only needed if you change the attachment thumb size.

Per forum option to require a prefix
Individual forums can now require a prefix to be selected before a thread can be created. Note that this (intentionally) only applies to threads being created there. Moderators moving threads or taking similar actions are exempt.

Page nodes are searchable
If you have page nodes with content in them, they will now be indexed and displayed in search results. (Note that if you are upgrading, you will need to rebuild the page search index for them to become searchable.)

Sub-forum popup menu can be disabled
You can now use a style property to disable the sub-forum popup menu and simply display the forums in a small list below the forum.

ss-2013-06-02_10-25-30.webp

Quote height limited
There is now default CSS to prevent quotes from dominating messages by setting a max-height. Embedded media and images with the quotes will be further shrunk as well. Quoted images can still be clicked to be viewed full size.

Support for tabs on new content pages
For add-on developers, there is now a new system to add tabs to the top of new content pages (such as "new threads"). This will make it easier for users to find updates to non-thread/post content.

KAM,

I am thinking that you are being somewhat unfair to the competition by continually coming up with great, timely, and fantastic improvements to XF. How can the competition have a chance against the unrelenting updates and improvements (okay, I know they can't)?

Thanks, guys, for the unrelentless and continued development of this great forum software.

Heh, at the risk of repeating myself, the small things are the things people appreciate the most.
Kinda too bad that mass-selection of watched threads didn't make it to 1.2 though.

Is that Subforum grid listings I see there? is that 2 template edits now eliminated for me? Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very nice work, Mike. (y)(y)

What I am glad to see in the subforum list is that it's spanning the full width and not cutting short and ends at the start of the lastpost. Out of curiosity, what do the new posts have been made sub forums look like? is it a case the text will just go bold? or does a small icon appear?

WOW!!!
Page nodes are searchable
If you have page nodes with content in them, they will now be indexed and displayed in search results. (Note that if you are upgrading, you will need to rebuild the page search index for them to become searchable.)
Will page nodes search results be displayed separately just like the search results separate members from forum content?

Support for tabs on new content pages
For add-on developers, there is now a new system to add tabs to the top of new content pages (such as "new threads"). This will make it easier for users to find updates to non-thread/post content.
I'm not sure if you read my request for this, but I am very happy to see this.

I was just talking to the Vaultwiki developer about the need for this when you posted this HYS.

I've had the flash uploading disabled for a while now thanks to that issue. This is a Godsend. Or at least a KAMsend.

WOW!!!

Will page nodes search results be displayed separately just like the search results separate members from forum content?

I'm not sure if you read my request for this, but I am very happy to see this.

I was just talking to the Vaultwiki developer about the need for this when you posted this HYS.

as I said, XenForo will be awesome in the next time :)

What I am glad to see in the subforum list is that it's spanning the full width and not cutting short and ends at the start of the lastpost. Out of curiosity, what do the new posts have been made sub forums look like? is it a case the text will just go bold? or does a small icon appear?
I wondered this too. i was hoping for some lenseflare to show new posts

Top Bottom