XF 1.2 Even More New Stuff

Even a Sunday doesn't stop the new features coming in 1.2. However, this is likely to be the last HYS for XF 1.2, so take that as you wish. :)

User preference to disable Flash uploader
Some users have run into problems where Flash is enabled but Flash-based uploads would fail. Individual users can now turn off the Flash uploader even if the admin has enabled it.

Robot identification in online visitors
The online visitors lists now distinguishes guests from robots based on user agent and counts them separately.

When viewing the list of online users, robots will be displayed differently, showing you a bit of information about the robot. The online users list can now be filtered to just members, guests, or robots.

Command-line upgrader
For larger forums, particularly ones concerned with time outs from modifications to large tables, 1.2 adds a simple command-line-based upgrade system (library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php).

Note that this doesn't handle replacing files. It simply substitutes running the <url>/install/ portion.

Attachment thumbnail rebuild
Attachment thumbnails can now be rebuild via Tools > Rebuild Caches. This is generally only needed if you change the attachment thumb size.

Per forum option to require a prefix
Individual forums can now require a prefix to be selected before a thread can be created. Note that this (intentionally) only applies to threads being created there. Moderators moving threads or taking similar actions are exempt.

Page nodes are searchable
If you have page nodes with content in them, they will now be indexed and displayed in search results. (Note that if you are upgrading, you will need to rebuild the page search index for them to become searchable.)

Sub-forum popup menu can be disabled
You can now use a style property to disable the sub-forum popup menu and simply display the forums in a small list below the forum.

ss-2013-06-02_10-25-30.webp

Quote height limited
There is now default CSS to prevent quotes from dominating messages by setting a max-height. Embedded media and images with the quotes will be further shrunk as well. Quoted images can still be clicked to be viewed full size.

Support for tabs on new content pages
For add-on developers, there is now a new system to add tabs to the top of new content pages (such as "new threads"). This will make it easier for users to find updates to non-thread/post content.

Mike you should probably look at node icons for the subforum list. They look like orphan text without it.

This x1000. I appreciate what a big release 1.2 is but don't let it lose that polish in favor of pushing out features quickly.

Maybe I'm the only person excited about the upgrade options.... But....

Woot Woot ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
(y)

I've helped update several dozen sites and timeouts happen. This will save me time and I would imagine resources (ssh vs browser refresh)

Is the command line upgrader any faster than the browser-based?

Does it include any verbose description during the process, or will the prompt just hang until done?

It will require command line access, so basically yes it will require SSH.

It shows you the steps that are being run as per the web process. The speed won't be any different as that's almost entirely down to MySQL alter speeds. It just helps potentially avoid timeouts (though XF should be able to recover from those with a refresh anyway).

Ohhhhhhh, the thumbnail headline jumped into my eyes, i hadn't seen the Command Line hint:D
this in combination with composer and post-update-cmd will rock:):love: (no more custom scripts for this)

It will require command line access, so basically yes it will require SSH.

It shows you the steps that are being run as per the web process. The speed won't be any different as that's almost entirely down to MySQL alter speeds. It just helps potentially avoid timeouts (though XF should be able to recover from those with a refresh anyway).

Thanks, good to know! Great job on everything too.. Now just give us 1.2 already! hehe

You can now use a style property to disable the sub-forum popup menu and simply display the forums in a small list below the forum.

Will this also display the same on the Category page as well as the forum list?

If it does not we get an elegant compact view on forum list then a very long scroll down the vertical full size subforums list on the Category page.
As well as being ugly and demanding on scrolling, I think having two very different presentations of the same material is confusing. It is not absolutely and clearly recognisable that user is looking at the same thing.

I find all these HYS just amazing.
It makes me confident that it is the right software to buy and use in my future project.

Awesome! I was just asking about this in the pre-sales board a couple days ago. Even though only a couple people responded, I noticed the thread got almost 3,000 views in less than 24 hours, so plenty of other people must be interested in this option.

Good news.

about of the subforums, It can be enable the popup in the admin panel or were already withdrawn definitively?

Good news.

about of the subforums, It can be enable the popup in the admin panel or were already withdrawn definitively?
Note the wording: "can be disabled" - the dropdown is still there unless you specifically choose to replace it with the subforum listing :)

This simply replaces the dropdown menu for sub-forums (optionally) with a list of (direct) children. There aren't any other changes.

Mike could you please add the hover popup when we hover over the sub-forum link.

Thank you.

Top Bottom