XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

Odd, I don't think I've ever used Strike for anything. I have however felt the need to underline things to draw the importance and attention when necessary though.

I guess everyone's different though :)
I never frequently use it whenever I've asked for help on something and have either figured it out myself or received help - to denote that one section has been resolved.

bows.gif
XenForo

Looking forward to the new version. The multi-quote feature seems like it will be really helpful.

I would be nice if you could also highlight a portion of a post, then select "toggle multi-quote", and it would only quote the highlighted text. Sometimes a user just wants to reply to part of a post or reply to each statement individually. This feature would make it much easier to simply quote one part of a large post.

OK...I've never seen anything as cool as this for multi-quote! Far more functional than any other implementation I've seen among all the forum systems out there!

One oddity though. What if you decide you don't want to quote anything after all. You can't go and unselect each quote individually if you have many of them. The only way to clear your selections is to insert them, then delete. If there were a "cancel multi-quote" button that might make it clearer to members how to cancel their selections.

Last edited:
Know what might be a cool addition? Add the ability to post a multi-quote into a private conversation.

It seems strange to want to do that at first, but here are two use cases:

1. User replies to two or three "classified ad" type of postings in our Marketplace section, inserting these into a private conversation.

2. User gets a warning, then asks: "What exactly did I do wrong?" Moderator then multi-quotes the nonsensical rantings and puts the multi-quote into the conversation so there's no mistaking what the warning was for.

Workaround? Multi-quote your messages, arrange their order if needed, then insert the quotes into a standard thread reply editor window. Select all, cut. Then go to the private conversation and paste it in.

Might be a suggestion for 1.4. If I remember I'll post it there.

There is only one editor in 1.3.
You will need an add-on if you want to change it.
Does that make any sense? Kier & Mike shurely have good reasons to choose Redactor. So I think, it is not really a good idea to change this.

Just noticed. MultiQuote new position and added a "Quote" word?

New
upload_2014-2-5_11-50-41.webp

Old
upload_2014-2-5_11-53-17.webp

How to edit this?

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-5_11-52-20.webp
    upload_2014-2-5_11-52-20.webp
    978 bytes · Views: 28
Top Bottom