XF 3 General Information & Discussion

That's what I'm saying.

Add-on developers can mark their add-ons to require a specific minimum XF version. Andy didn't do this, hence causing the problem.
How about a safety measure for this in the .json file? If they don't have a value provided for, idk, the "minimal-xfversion", the add-on won't install.

Not everyone wants or needs to enforce a minimum version.

It’s not a big ask to expect developers to add one if it is a requirement!

Reactions: FTL

I agree, it's definitely on the developer's end to add the minimal requirement. I also agree with @Paul B regarding the "they had 6 months".
Apple gives its developers 5 months or so when they introduce their new software versions in June.

We're still on 2.2, but the TipTap editor is something I look forward to, so might upgrade to that version. Need to check if the addons we use are all compatible though. Mainly Ozzy's add ons.

If I was a developer, checking for the minimum requirements for an add-on that had minimums would be the first thing that I do at installation time. Dunno why not all add-ons are like this as it's such a critically important parameter.

If I was a developer, checking for the minimum requirements for an add-on that had minimums would be the first thing that I do at installation time. Dunno why not all add-ons are like this as it's such a critically important parameter.
Because some developers are so obsessed with getting their add-ons out the door that they skip over the "boring" stuff like checking minimum requirements.

Back
Top Bottom