Editing posts in thread

Vossi

I dont know if this has been mentioned alreday, but what i dont like is the fact that people can edit their posts after quite a while but it doesnt get marked within that post at all. This means that people have the chance to claim about manipulations within discussions as people chance theit posts over and over again without it getting marked within the post itself.

We still need edit history based on permissions.
That would be nice.

On the other hand, for my forum, I've come to the conclusion that if anyone can change a post at anytime and not leave a trace - that would encourage much more quoting, which would make the threads easier to read. Right now people don't feel as compelled to quote, especially if they are referring to the post above theirs, and people later change the post being referred to.

Right no we have unlimited edit times, and while there is an indicator when the posts were last edited, only the super moderators can see the edit history.

We still need edit history based on permissions.
Indeed.
This has nothing to do with the post you quoted.
Well, it does, in that people are concerned about other's editing posts.
The latest beta at least puts a time frame on the editing, vs. right now the time is unlimited.
Allowing a poster to edit a post for 10 minutes after posting is a good idea.
So saying it has "NOTHING" to do with it, is a bit of a stretch.
It certainly limits the amount of editing that can be done. ALOT !

Indeed.

Well, it does, in that people are concerned about other's editing posts.
The latest beta at least puts a time frame on the editing, vs. right now the time is unlimited.
Allowing a poster to edit a post for 10 minutes after posting is a good idea.
So saying it has "NOTHING" to do with it, is a bit of a stretch.
It certainly limits the amount of editing that can be done. ALOT !
This thread is mainly about leaving a "last edited by xyz at 1:30 PM" note on edited posts. Your post was about editing time limits. Although both are related to editing posts, they aren't the same suggestion/concern.

DD, I have to laugh a little....

My post does have little to do with your reply, but no worries. I really think something like"last edited by xyz at 1:30 PM" is an important core required feature.

Top Bottom