Donations for Shawns coffee pot...

So how long until we can buy some of Shawn's addons? ;-)
Lol... hold on there buddy. I need to stabilize my site first. :)

Good to see he finally switched over. Didn't think he would be changing over due to him tweeting once "Why would I leave the vBulletin world" which now I see I read wrong due to early mornings hating my brain :p.
It's not that you necessarily read it wrong, I just didn't actually say anything either way (on purpose). I really don't need a million people asking me questions before it happens and then have to answer 500, "is it done yet?" inquiries every day.

Lol... hold on there buddy. I need to stabilize my site first. :)

It's not that you necessarily read it wrong, I just didn't actually say anything either way (on purpose). I really don't need a million people asking me questions before it happens and then have to answer 500, "is it done yet?" inquiries every day.
Not related, but were you aware your IP link shows to unregistered/not logged in users? The data is hashed, but still, just thought I'd bring it up :p

Not related, but were you aware your IP link shows to unregistered/not logged in users? The data is hashed, but still, just thought I'd bring it up :p
Yep... it's intentional. Allows people to see if the user has the same IP as someone else (like back to back posts with someone claiming to love someone's service), but at the same time not showing them the actual IP.

Reason #3,000 on why a VPN is your friend. :X3:
We'll also see you jumping around via proxies or if you suddenly shift to a VPN. :)

I'm super annoying like that. ;)

Image%202013.01.20%209:13:59%20AM.png

We'll also see you jumping around via proxies or if you suddenly shift to a VPN. :)

I'm super annoying like that. ;)

Granted... But I wasn't imply that someone should attempt to be "deceitful", as in your example. Only that there are those of us who are equally paranoid with security and who never visit any site without using a VPN.

Looks good Shawn congratulations with the migration.

What did you use for the CMS section?
If you are talking about this: https://www.digitalpoint.com/

I made it... it's not really a CMS, rather a content aggregator. It feeds in content from various feeds you add to it (and it filters the stuff coming in on those feeds automatically). Admins can also promote existing threads to show up there manually (I'm thinking of ways to do it automatically also). The Twitter feed on the right comes in via Twitter API call to a private list on my Twitter account. So if I want to add/remove someone, you just add/remove them to the normal Twitter list membership.

Congrats on the move!

Sure, you are bound to have some bumps in the road.....our site was small enough (and almost no custom stuff) that we actually didn't have any major hassles.

But, heck, crisis can be fun! My Dad used to tell me he liked to roll the bowling ball to the edge of the cliff, push it over and then see if he could get it before it dropped (he created and thrived on crisis!).

If you are talking about this: https://www.digitalpoint.com/

I made it... it's not really a CMS, rather a content aggregator. It feeds in content from various feeds you add to it (and it filters the stuff coming in on those feeds automatically). Admins can also promote existing threads to show up there manually (I'm thinking of ways to do it automatically also). The Twitter feed on the right comes in via Twitter API call to a private list on my Twitter account. So if I want to add/remove someone, you just add/remove them to the normal Twitter list membership.

How does your Google Adsense integration count month income? It's almost double what I have actually made this month...

Ahh... love the appreciation some forum owners get.

I never got any messages quite like that when we converted, but we did get a LOT of comments about colors/fonts/legibility. Even after I blew away most of the new/different stuff and set it all to match what we had under vB, people still complained that it was "different".

Congratulations, Shawn. Did you create that style yourself? It is one of the nicest styles I have seen for any forum platform.

How did your importer perform?
Yeah, I did it myself, although to be honest, it doesn't look like much, but there's actually a lot to it besides just the obvious (colors)... it uses all CSS gradients for example (no image gradients), avatars are retina quality for all browsers, icons are retina quality for all browsers except Firefox (damn FF)... so graphics don't degrade when you zoom in and looks good on high res phones.

A lot of the stuff I added to the style is more functionality stuff... the navigation on the Forum tab, drop-down menu support for sub-nav, etc.

There's still stuff I want to do with the style, but right now, I'm still working on putting out fires functionality-wise and fixing them as I find them.

How does your Google Adsense integration count month income? It's almost double what I have actually made this month...
last month is just that... "A month"... not "this month"... so what you are seeing there is a rolling amount of the last 30 days (not a month to date).

I never got any messages quite like that when we converted, but we did get a LOT of comments about colors/fonts/legibility. Even after I blew away most of the new/different stuff and set it all to match what we had under vB, people still complained that it was "different".
Yeah, I was expecting a lot more of that... I've gotten some, but mostly it's been positive. People just don't like chance and for whatever reason they think the style as it is now is what is set in stone (I'll tweak on the style for years here and there).

P.S. - I'm really tired. Didn't go to sleep last night. lol

Top Bottom