Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

The progress colours are done with an internal algorithm to go from a red to a green. I do want a future update to specify the start and end colours or something but it isn't that easy. You can overwrite the colour completely if you like to have one solid colour, is that what you want?

Thank you,
I don't want a single color,
Just the start of green is not very nice.
Maybe red yellow green should be great.
I looked in the templates and css but I didn't find what to change.

That's because, like I said, it uses an algorithm to move from green to a green yellow to red... it is hard to get it looking right for every percent but that is it for now. Later on I will revisit it and have it look much better and customizable.

Robbo, I'd like to put my 2 cents in. This is not to criticize your product, but to help making it better.
At the current price point when I compare something like Dbtech Donate plugin it feels this plugin lacks a lot of features that I'd expect from a paid donation plugin.

First of all an award system is a must for a donation plugin, a recognition mod added to their postbit would be nice.
Two an automatic promotion system to a usergroup and after 1 month an automatic removal of the promotion unless the user makes another donation.
Automatic PM to admin and user that donation upon automatic donation confirmation would be nice.
Also does the donation plugin have the option to show "net donations"? I am asking because I have not purchased the product, but going off what it was posted by you on the first post.
The donation UI is basic, too basic for my taste, it could use some design overhaul, something that keeps it outstanding and makes users notice it and wanting to make donations.

I was part of the AWCoding Donation system Alpha team same with the DBTECh alpha/beta team to help with their donation systems and make it successful and I think more suggestions towards the product it would make it that much more successful, If more features were to be added, hell I'd even pay double than where it is now.

With that said, I know this is a new product, hopefully there will be more features added to this product.

A donation plugin that has all the above features will make the community that much successful, my community relies on monthly donations to keep servers and website up on a monthly basis, having a donation plugin such as this it will most likely hurt the incoming donations. It's all about the layout and how it presents itself to your users.

AWCoding Donation system donations net amount was $9,570 USD until I switched to DBTech in 2012, we are around $4,588.00 USD in net donations.

I am pretty sure many XenForo community are looking for a premier donation plugin that does it all and that has the whole package. I am sure people are willing to pay good amount of money for such plugin.

-IcEWoLF

Robbo, I'd like to put my 2 cents in. This is not to criticize your product, but to help making it better.
At the current price point when I compare something like Dbtech Donate plugin it feels this plugin lacks a lot of features that I'd expect from a paid donation plugin.
Heh well you probably won't like that the price will increase some point in the future.

First of all an award system is a must for a donation plugin, a recognition mod added to their postbit would be nice.
Not going to happen. There is the little trophy system XenForo has which this integrates with the XenForo criteria system but without XenForo offering better neither will this.

Two an automatic promotion system to a usergroup and after 1 month an automatic removal of the promotion unless the user makes another donation.
Already a feature, once again with the XenForo criteria system.

Automatic PM to admin and user that donation upon automatic donation confirmation would be nice.
It's on the list to do.

Also does the donation plugin have the option to show "net donations"? I am asking because I have not purchased the product, but going off what it was posted by you on the first post.
The screenshots are old because I haven't had time to do a lot of content updating that needs to be done, there is current goal history which can show what was made for each goal etc.

The donation UI is basic, too basic for my taste, it could use some design overhaul, something that keeps it outstanding and makes users notice it and wanting to make donations.
Once again the screenshots are outdated, however it doesn't look too different than the ones there. And well, look at what I have to work with... the same can be said about XenForo's default style as a whole.

I was part of the AWCoding Donation system Alpha team same with the DBTECh alpha/beta team to help with their donation systems and make it successful and I think more suggestions towards the product it would make it that much more successful, If more features were to be added, hell I'd even pay double than where it is now.

With that said, I know this is a new product, hopefully there will be more features added to this product.

A donation plugin that has all the above features will make the community that much successful, my community relies on monthly donations to keep servers and website up on a monthly basis, having a donation plugin such as this it will most likely hurt the incoming donations. It's all about the layout and how it presents itself to your users.

AWCoding Donation system donations net amount was $9,570 USD until I switched to DBTech in 2012, we are around $4,588.00 USD in net donations.

I am pretty sure many XenForo community are looking for a premier donation plugin that does it all and that has the whole package. I am sure people are willing to pay good amount of money for such plugin.

-IcEWoLF
Thanks for your input but basically everything you have said is going to be done or already done. There isn't really much further this add-on can go. It handles donations, it does dynamic goals, with multiple goals, has history for them, streamlines the donation process, uses all XenForo features where possible. I have looked at many donation plugins in various areas and have yet to see one that has been done better than this. The fact the ones you talk about are on vBulletin make me highly doubt they compare in the slightest. I make professional add-ons and this is one of them :)

First, I paid $80+ for the current donation plugin system I run on my website, as I said I will be happy to shell out money for a complete solution. I've spent hundreds of dollars in plugins, any serious community owners will be willing to pay a good amount of $$$ for a great product. Your Donation system has very good potentials.

I truly think the Dbtech Donation plugin is one of the best plugins someone developed in a long time since AWCoding. I am not sure why the last sentence was necessary.

I was not here to knock off your product here, I made some constructive suggestions.

I can understand your point about the award system, I am new to XenForo product even if I have been testing it for a while, so I am not sure if an award system besides using the XenForo system is possible, but oh well. Awards system drive donations too, I know for a fact because my users love the awards system when they donate and of course extra incentives.

Again, I appreciate you developing this plugin for the XenForo community.

Thanks for your time!

Hi Sir, i received 2 donations yesterday of USD 5 each. But it is not showing up anywhere, i.e., neither in the AdminCP nor on the Site. Even the progress bar has not got updated :(

First check the error log in XenForo.
Then do a file health check to make sure you aren't missing any files.
And then we mess with PayPal to try get it working, PayPal is very random about this stuff sometimes.

There is an error log related to Donation and it contains the details of the person who has donated, I am a little hesitant to share that here. Please let me know where can I mail it to you.

Also, basis the advise I had received from Ranger375, I had turned IPN ON on my PayPal account and filled the network url as https://www.fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/payment_callback.php. Please let me know if i have to revert to the earlier state or not.

Thanks you so much,

Also, the file health check shows me the following output:

1. index.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. fb_channel.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/Ragtek/C824/StaticMethods.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  4. donation_callback.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  5. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

You are missing a file, the donation_callback.php file needs to be in your XenForo root. After putting it back in there you should start seeing the donations appear, PayPal should resend the IPN.

Are you sure you are adding the donation_callback.php file? Because according to the above it is missing.

payment_callback.php is the file uses for user upgrades from PayPal.

I have both donation_callback.php or payment_callback.php in the root. Can you help me with what I should put fill in PayPal? Thankyou so much for all the help.

Oh it didn't say donation_callback.php was missing it said it wasn't the expected contents. Try downloading the manager again and uploading that file again. Then give it time for PayPal to resend the IPN stuff.

Top Bottom