Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Upgraded to the latest 1.0 version but noticed a couple issues, not sure if this is isolated to my install or what but here they are:
  • Whenever someone makes a donation, it goes through and will show up on the page, however when they are redirected back to the site from Paypal they always receive the following error: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." There was nothing in the server error logs for this so unfortunately I don't have any additional info. The donations go through and appear on the recent donation list, but every single user that I had test this received the error above.
  • In the recent donations list, the "Towards goal:" phrase always shows. I have no goals defined, and none of the donations went toward any goals. Seems the xen:if is conditional for that might need to be altered.
Not sure if it makes a difference but this was upgraded from beta version 3.1.7.1 to the latest. Perhaps I'll do a fresh install, would re-installing delete the current donations?

Rest of the addon appears to be working well thus far. Thanks for the release!

Robbo, this probably isn't any kind of scripting error, but I need your expertise haha.. I recently moved my forum to a new host over the past weekend and now none of my RECENT donation updates are showing up. I'm having to go in an key them in manually. I assumed it was an issue with the DNS propagation, but that was about 7 days ago and a member said he just donated this morning and it's still not showing. What do I need to update or change?? Thank you!

First issue: I really should have fixed that, I thought I did. It is nothing to worry about though, just an ugly error users see because of how PayPal redirects.

Second issue: another thing that was meant to be fixed lol...

I'll get a bug fix out once I have a chance.

First issue: I really should have fixed that, I thought I did. It is nothing to worry about though, just an ugly error users see because of how PayPal redirects.

Glad to know it wasn't just me. Looking forward to the fixes, thanks.

One other thing I noticed is it appears the "view index" permission no longer works. I have this set to no for guests, yet when they view /donate/ it merely shows a blank page with a h1 title (all permissions set to no except for view nav tab). Previously it would prompt them to login. I tried setting it to allow, and never, same results.

If I want to fix this temporarily, so my users does not get confused, where can I edit the page text?

Robbo updated Donation Manager with a new update entry:

1.0.1 Released

This is the first maintenance release for the Donation Manager. It contains small bug fixes.

Changes
  • fixed thank you pages (when redirected back from PayPal)
  • fixed view index permission not working
  • fixed an issue causing day, month and year to keep their plurals when there is 1 left
  • fixed a JavaScript bug making "null" get displayed on some browsers
Installation and Upgrade Instructions

Full details for how to install and upgrade Donation Manager can be found in the XenForo Manual.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The way it moves from month to month is using the same duration as the month it started on. Hard to do it any other way.

If I wanted to add content (a table listing benefits of donation amounts) below the Donation button, but above the Recent Donations section, how would I do so?

I've tried adding my tables to multiple templates but it just will not show up.

Any help appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind, found it. If anyone has the same issue, it's the merc_goal template you are looking for, not donation index!

Top Bottom