• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DBTech] Top X Stats

Some suggestions...

It'd be great if we could select which information we want to include, for example I don't want to show the new members. And in latest replies I want to get rid of the link to the forum that the thread is in, and also the View Posts column in the top members column.

This would make it fit better, at the moment it's totally misformatted due to the amount of info crammed into there. And this is on a fluid skin, I have to make my window very large in order for it to format properly.

It's also a bit annoying that if there's 5 posts in a thread, it'll show 5 links to the same thread. I'd rather it just show the latest thread that's been posted too, and for this not to be duplicated if more than one person has posted to it.

Also this information would be better in the sidebar in my opinion. Especially latest replies.

Is the problem with fixed width forum resolved yet?
I'd like to use this as one of the first mod on my site (fixed width) and hope to get it fixed by then.

Is the problem with fixed width forum resolved yet?
I'd like to use this as one of the first mod on my site (fixed width) and hope to get it fixed by then.
Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that because it -requires- a certain amount of width to look good :(
However, I made it so that with a skin that allows for approx 500-600 pixels for the node list will look good when viewed in 1280x768 and above :)

there is a problem with forum permissions

an example, user cannot view "manager's category" area
but, if that category has new message, this user can view informations at topXstats addon area

in short, there is no forum seeing permission option =)

Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that because it -requires- a certain amount of width to look good :(
However, I made it so that with a skin that allows for approx 500-600 pixels for the node list will look good when viewed in 1280x768 and above :)
What is certain amount of width? Min, max?

there is a problem with forum permissions

an example, user cannot view "manager's category" area
but, if that category has new message, this user can view informations at topXstats addon area

in short, there is no forum seeing permission option =)
This is true, forum permissions are still rather arcane to me ;)

What is certain amount of width? Min, max?
I don't have exact figures, you can get them from the dimensions of the screnshot though :)

Is this an option on the add-on or is it a customization done by najaru?
Customisation only for now, however he has given me the code so I'm going to add it to the mod at some point in the future. We have plans to expand this to become as customisable as possible, and it's always a great help when people share their customisations either with us in private or with the public.
Not to mention the fact that it makes the developer really happy, at least in my case I know I have made a product that people care about if they're willing to mod it to fit their needs or desires :D

Is it possible to display only the latest threads section?
Here's a quick n dirty edit that I've done...

Open template > dbtech_topxstats_box_wrapper

Replace all code with the following...

<xen:require js="js/dbtech/topxstats/topxstats.js" />
<xen:edithint template="dbtech_topxstats_box" />

<div class="section sectionMain" id="TopXStats">
<table class="dataTable">

<col style="width:100%; word-wrap:normal;" />

<tr class="dataRow">

<th id="dbtech_topstats_header3">Loading...</th>
</tr>
<tr class="dataRow">
<td id="dbtech_topstats_data3" style="padding:0;" valign="top">Loading...</td>
</tr>
<tr class="dataRow secondaryContent">
<td colspan="3" style="font-size:11px;">{xen:phrase dbtech_topxstats_fetching_data_in, 'seconds=60'}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

How do we make this so that we only see the last reply to a topic. At the moment it's showing every reply which means the latest replies column is populated with only one thread.

As najaru did with his stats, I have moved mine over to the sidebar.

sidebar.webp

This is all it takes:

Once it's installed set Username, thread title, and forum title all to a max of 10 characters (In your forum options menu, under the settings for this plugin).

Now, go to your templates and find forum_list, in it find:
Code:
</xen:sidebar>
Above it add this:
Code:
    <div class="section">
        <div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="boardStats">
            <h3>Recent Activity</h3>
                        <div class="pairsJustified">
                                <xen:include template="dbtech_topxstats_box_wrapper" />
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

You can change "Recent Activity" to whatever you want the sidebar module header to say.

Next, find sidebar.css in your templates, look for:

Code:
.sidebar
{
    @property "sidebar";
    font-size: 11px;
    float: right;
    width: 250px;
    @property "/sidebar";
}

Replace it with:

Code:
.sidebar
 {
     @property "sidebar";
     font-size: 11px;
     float: right;
     width: 300px;
     @property "/sidebar";
 }

Now lastly open up dbtech_topxstats_box_wrapper and replace it all with this:

Code:
<xen:require js="js/dbtech/topxstats/topxstats.js" />
<xen:edithint template="dbtech_topxstats_box" />

<div id="TopXStats">

<col style="width:33%; word-wrap:normal;" />

<tr class="dataRow">
        <th id="dbtech_topstats_header1">Header 1</th>
    </tr>
    <tr class="dataRow">
        <td id="dbtech_topstats_data1" style="padding:0;" valign="top">fnask</td>
    </tr>
</table>

<tr class="dataRow">
        <th id="dbtech_topstats_header2">Header 2</th>
    </tr>
    <tr class="dataRow">
        <td id="dbtech_topstats_data2" style="padding:0;" valign="top">dask</td>
    </tr>
</table>

<tr class="dataRow">
        <th id="dbtech_topstats_header3">Header 3</th>
    </tr>
    <tr class="dataRow">
        <td id="dbtech_topstats_data3" style="padding:0;" valign="top">smask</td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="dataRow secondaryContent">
        <td colspan="1" style="font-size:11px;">{xen:phrase dbtech_topxstats_fetching_data_in, 'seconds=60'}</td>
    </tr>
</table>
</div>

Hope people find this useful until the sidebar is implemented with the plug-in.

As najaru did with his stats, I have moved mine over to the sidebar.

Hope people find this useful until the sidebar is implemented with the plug-in.

Would be great if latest posts were formatted better for sidebar, something like...

Thread Title last post by Username

Top Bottom