Date/time you installed/upgraded add-on

Shelley

It sounds good in my head so therefore, post & suggest.

So yesterday I got a ton of errors which Mike put me on the right track onto saying it was probably an add-on. Those errors started on the 18th of november but luckily (though i would have eventually found the add-on) I got a pc from <author> on the 18th so it was easy to track down the add-on causing the errors.

So the suggestion is whenever you install an add-on or upgrade in the listings it displays the time and date installed. This will help track down if server errors are created and logged making it easier for the novice to track down. Bad Idea? It wasn't fully thought out and it did pop into my head so rashly suggesting it.

Not even sure this is something that is maybe done by xenforo or the 3rd party add-on devs.

Upvote 13
I was just looking at my admincp and wondering why it doesn't have an install date for my addons. Thought it would be a good idea and went to search the suggestion forums and found this thread. I also found the following thread for what seems to be the same thing:

This is the original one though, so this is the one that gets the reply. My reasons are the same as @Shelley and @Snog. Having the time/date of install/upgrade would be a great additional tool for diagnostics.

I agree, this would be nice. I do it manually, in the absence of a better solution, using @AndyB's "Admin Notes" add-on, which gives an area where I can record admin matters of interest. I record the date and what I did for each system or software I make. It's tedious, but at least I know what I did and when I did it. I started doing this with my vBulletin forum, using their built-in admin notes function.

Top Bottom