[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

I am trying to edit the required fields of the nodes from the node edit page but some fields are not saved. I check them, click save then go to the same page and see they are still unchecked. I have 3 custom fields and this happens with two of them.
Can you give more details about the fields that don't work and I will try and replicate?

I really wish there was a way for people to edit the custom field entry. You mentioned you were intending to add that but the latest version it doesn't show it as an option for people to edit their custom field entry.
You need to make sure they have the appropriate permission.

Any plans to further extend custom fields for more advanced uses, like linked/nested select inputs and file upload field types? That's where XF seems to be lacking quite a bit. Those types of custom fields would create tons of options for admins. I'm surprised there are no plugins that address this, as this is pretty easy to do in other CMS-like scripts (I was playing with stuff like this in Drupal several years back and also found it possible in Wordpress and SocialEngine). It would be wonderful to use in profiles and @Bob B 's showcase plugin.

Another idea is sorting select menu options. When you set up a custom select field you enter options (choice fields), yet you cannot change the order they display.

Definitely interested in expanding this add-on with loads more features if people are interested in contributing. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

So all it takes is a monetary contribution to help get these things added?

Anyone want to contribute towards a file upload custom field option? This way members can upload image files and other file types defined by the admin (sort of like the attachment file type settings). I know I could really use this in the Resource Manager custom fields, as well as in Showcase and possibly in the user profiles.

So anyone who would like to help contribute to Waindigo extending this plugin to include a File Upload custom field, PM me. I've been quoted on it, just would like to get a few people to chip in to share the cost.

Feature requests:
  1. Filter sidebar widget
  2. Assign thread to moderator
  3. Custom status fields. For example: open, awaiting feedback, denied, closed.
  4. List number of open (assigned) issues in moderator bar
Basically I want to turn this into a helpdesk and project tools.

Tested thread with checkboxes lets call them; testone, testtwo, testthree. I check testone and testtwo. If I then search for checkboxes that has testone checked I will get no result.
If I search for testone and testwo checked I get a result. I guess it might have something to do with using AND instead of OR searching on multichoice fields? Could this be fixed?

Tested thread with checkboxes lets call them; testone, testtwo, testthree. I check testone and testtwo. If I then search for checkboxes that has testone checked I will get no result.
If I search for testone and testwo checked I get a result. I guess it might have something to do with using AND instead of OR searching on multichoice fields? Could this be fixed?
This is as designed. Please contact me if you want to discuss adding OR search option.

Currently on the forum page, my custom fields look like this:

old.webp

However, I'd like them to look like this:

new.webp

Where do I style this? I've tried doing it via General Options > Value display and that would work however, if I use the {$fieldid} in that window to style it, the field id ends up appearing twice on the forum page - once styled and once not.

Any pointers for a rookie?

Last edited:
So anyone who would like to help contribute to Waindigo extending this plugin to include a File Upload custom field, PM me. I've been quoted on it, just would like to get a few people to chip in to share the cost.
If anyone is interested in contributing to the File Upload custom field development please reply. We have about 3 people interested in helping fund it so far for sure, and possibly as many as 4 or 5. The total cost of the development will be relatively inexpensive divided by several people and it will become part of this plugin so that it will be supported in the future. Please reply and say you're interested. PM me and I'll share pricing. The more we get the cheaper it will be to get developed.

Last edited:
Another suggestion @Waindigo - please, please, please add some functionality to the "drop down selection" field type. Admins should be able to reorder the select menu options. Let's say you have 25 select menu options in a custom field. They're alphabetically ordered. You want to go in and add an option somewhere in the middle... can't do it. Or let's say you want to add in a new custom field drop down selection menu with 80 menu options. You have to enter them in one at a time. In vB you were able to copy and paste a list of options into a textarea box. It would be really nice to be able to mass upload options.

Here's what happens, I use General Options > Value display from the Custom Thread field tabs. I then go to the "Value Display HMTL" field and enter this for city:

{$fieldId}: {$value}</br>

Here's what it ends up looking like:

riv.webp

Note that "City" is displayed twice. That's what I am trying to avoid because if I do any styling in the "Value HTML" box, it doesn't apply to the first instance... Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom