Resource icon

Custom BB Code Manager v1.3.4

No permission to download
I watch the resource already but never seem to get notifications for this add-on. Works fine for all the others I watch.

On the updates tab the last update is dated Dec 11, 2012

Unless I'm looking at it wrong?
The problem of the watch feature is you need to read every alerts otherwise it will not alert you anymore. It took me time to understand (actually someone had to explain me ^^).

The problem of the watch feature is you need to read every alerts otherwise it will not alert you anymore. It took me time to understand (actually someone had to explain me ^^).
Not sure I understand.

I watch this resource but never receive notifications about updates.

The last update is shown as Dec 11, 2012.

Ah, well only updates released officially by the add-on author King Kovifor will appear in the Updates tab.

cclaerhout (Cédric) is releasing interim updates within the discussion threads so they aren't classed as "official" updates. You will need to Watch this discussion thread for all updates.

Ah, well only updates released officially by the add-on author King Kovifor will appear in the Updates tab.

cclaerhout (Cédric) is releasing interim updates within the discussion threads so they aren't classed as "official" updates. You will need to Watch this discussion thread for all updates.
Cheers, Chris. That's what I figured was happening, just wanted to check.

This is not a good situation for us.
Which one is official? which not?

Please King Kovifor give Cedric the right to publish his version as official or as a forked one.

Not sure I understand.

I watch this resource but never receive notifications about updates.

The last update is shown as Dec 11, 2012.
Oh about that. See this then.
And no, I will not start another product for many reasons. It doesn't make sense, it goes against the collaborative work and XenForo will certainly release their own Bb Codes manager.
Now I've rewritten almost all the addon, my contribution is under the CC by licence. It can be chosen to be used or not. That's not my move and for my own perspective, I don't care. Again, I did this because I needed this.

Please King Kovifor give Cedric the right to publish his version as official or as a forked one.
My suggestion would be for King K and Cédric to figure out a few things.

Perhaps if King K hasn't got the time to maintain the resource, but he trusts the work that Cédric is doing and/or the features added by Cédric is agreed in advance, then perhaps King K can request a temporary reassignment of the Resource to Cédric so he can maintain and manage updates properly (if he wishes to).

Or, perhaps if King K plans to return to the CBBCM at some point in the future, but he has his own development plan for it then maybe he will agree to fork the code and allow Cédric to release his own fork in the RM then people can decide whether they want the original fork or Cédric's fork.

Finally another option is for users of the add-on to decide themselves which fork to follow. The above are only suggestions, but there's no obligation for Cédric or King K to do either. With that in mind, your only choice might be to monitor this thread for updates.

EDIT: Cédric beat me to it. Looks like you will have to monitor this thread for updates and respect that decision :)

That's not a problem of rights. As I said above most of the addon has been rewritten.

Without this addon, I wouldn't have converted my vBulletin Boards to XenForo. So I respect what has been done before, I understand that it's hard to find time to update addons, and I will certainly not start a fork alone and without the original author and without mutual respect. I've made an offer weeks ago. I didn't have any reply. Let it be, life goes on.

Version 1.3.6.5 - Change Log:
link to download
  • Small fix to make a line of code compatible with php 5.2
    @Thanks to NeoChi
To upgrade: use the Chris AutoInstaller addon or upload files/import xml

Cedric - could you please explain the options for the wrappingtag? If you've already got a function (spoiler, in this instance) assigned to wrap the image, what options would you need, or want, to add there?

Also, is there a way to set the wrap tag to only work in certain forums? Or in certain instances, say for instance someone quotes a photo?

If you've already got a function (spoiler, in this instance) assigned to wrap the image, what options would you need, or want, to add there?
I don't understand
Also, is there a way to set the wrap tag to only work in certain forums?
By default, no
Or in certain instances, say for instance someone quotes a photo?
?

When you configure a warper to a Bb Code, it only means the Bb Code you are configuring will be wrapped inside another Bb Code. If I edit the bimg Bb Code and select a spoiler wrapper, it means the image will be wrapped inside a spoiler tag, that's all.

Now about a wrapper configuration by forum, let's be honest, the customization of Bb Codes inside Bbcm can't be infinite. I don't say it can't be done, but to include a general option configuration in Bbcm is not serious.

This can be done with a customized Bb Code with a specific behaviour. I've already added two functions for developers who would want to retrieve thread information (only work in threads of course):
  1. getThreadParams()
  2. getThreadParam('threadParam')
This functions can be called from any Bb Code callbacks (template callback or php callback) from the $parentClass object inside the signature of the callback:
Example:
PHP:
$threadParams = $parentClass->getThreadParams();
You should be able from their to get the node id and make a Bb Code with specific options.

I don't understand

Now about a wrapper configuration by forum, let's be honest, the customization of Bb Code can't be infinite. I don't say it can't be done, but to propose an option configuration in Bbcm is not serious. But this can be done with a customized Bb Code with a specific behaviour. I've already added two functions for developers who would want to retrieve thread information (only work in threads of course):
  1. getThreadParams()
  2. getThreadParam('threadParam')
This functions can be called from any Bb Code callbacks (template callback or php callback) from the $parentClass object inside the signature of the callback:
Example:
PHP:
$threadParams = $parentClass->getThreadParams();
You should be able from their to get the node id and make a Bb Code with specific options.

Wrapper Option.webp

So I've got the IMG wrapper setup to be spoilered every time its used. What "option" (in the box below) would I need to add to that?

Or, in other words, what's the Xenforo Img wrapper option for if you've already got the dropdown box above?

As to the rest, not trying to be a pain in the ass. Just curious if something like that was possible.

As to the rest, not trying to be a pain in the ass. Just curious if something like that was possible.
I don't know which spoiler tag you are using but if this spoiler tag can have an option, then yes you can configure an option from here.
Let's say the spoiler tag lets you select a title:
Code:
[spoiler=Title]Content[/spoiler]

You can enter in the option field the default Title to display for the spoiler tag used as a wrapper of the XenForo img tag. In other words your img Bb Code will behave like if you have written this full code:
Code:
[spoiler=Title][img]....[/img][/spoiler]

If you don't specify any option, this will be like writing this:
Code:
[spoiler][img]....[/img][/spoiler]

I upgraded from 1.3.4 to 1.3.6.5 and empty th and td cells are no longer being parsed. Some of the members on my site like to format tables using empty cells. Is it possible to get the add-on to parse those empty tags? Thank for you continuing to upgrade the add-on cclaerhout

I upgraded from 1.3.4 to 1.3.6.5 and empty th and td cells are no longer being parsed. Some of the members on my site like to format tables using empty cells. Is it possible to get the add-on to parse those empty tags? Thank for you continuing to upgrade the add-on cclaerhout
Go to the Bbcm, edit your Bb Code => "Parser configuration" => uncheck "Do not parse if content is empty" => save

Top Bottom