Resource icon

Custom BB Code Manager v1.3.4

No permission to download
There is a Bb Code manager where you create and edit your Bb Code and can configure its button. Then there's a button manager where you can position the button inside the editor. Did you do that?
It show up but for some reason the rest of the buttons are broken??

PM sent mate thanks!
Your buttons are not broken. You didn't specify a valid button image. Please read again how to upload an image on the server.
1) upload the images in the directory {yourforum}/styles/KingK/editor/
2) the image name must be the tag name

Wow, I appreciate the availability of all this neat stuff - but it's hard at this point for mere mortals to understand how to install and setup these.

With all the crossouts in the instructions - and a link to the BBcode manager, with the official download containing a version below the one suggested, can be confusing. But I downloaded the newest one from the post further in the discussion and it installed. But when I tried to edit something the whole forum went down with some errors so I turned it off quick. I wasn't able to even get to the point of installing this.

I would be great if someone could roll these packages into one add-on which regular dudes like me could install....

My other option would be to experiment on a forum which I don't care about being available until I figure it out.

Wow, some of those settings in the BBcode manager seem scary.....

To install it, just use the Chris auto installer addon. It would avoid any problems. You import the zip and that's all.
Which errors did you have ?

I have to clear and start from scratch. It installed OK (just his add-on, not yours yet) and then when I tried to edit a post, the whole forum showed a white error screen.....didn't even record it since my forum is very busy, just turned it off. Saw a bunch of autoloader errors in the ACP and cleared them.

I never used the uploader - that failed on my first attempt to use it, must be a permissions thing. I will take some time and get it working. Generally, I prefer doing it manually because I see what's being done, but this one is too complicated!

I have to clear and start from scratch. It installed OK (just his add-on, not yours yet) and then when I tried to edit a post, the whole forum showed a white error screen.....didn't even record it since my forum is very busy, just turned it off. Saw a bunch of autoloader errors in the ACP and cleared them.

I never used the uploader - that failed on my first attempt to use it, must be a permissions thing. I will take some time and get it working. Generally, I prefer doing it manually because I see what's being done, but this one is too complicated!

• Manually install this addon is as complicated as any XenForo addons. You open the archive, upload in your XenForo directory the content of the archive "upload" directory. Then you import the xml (root of the archive). That's all. The addon is installed.
  • Now to configure it, you go to the Home page of the administration. You click on "BB Code Manager". You can here create or import some Bb Codes. Don't try to create Bb Codes yet, to begin and understand how it works, just import them. You will find in the archive of this version an "extras" directory. Bb Codes are here. So you click on import, you select a Bb Code xml file. That's all, your Bb Codes has been imported. You can edit it to configure it, you can delete it, you can rename its tags, etc.
  • If the Bb Code has a button (with this version this version, the spoiler & highlighter Bb Codes have one) , you go again to the Home page of the administration, you click on "Buttons Manager", you choose which editor configuration you want to edit, then you can change buttons position inside the editor.
For your errors, if you don't provide them, it's not possible to help you or to debug.

For the Chris uploader, you can check the new version released yesterday. Read the extension description, it might have some elements that help you to understand why it doesn't work.

Don't try to create Bb Codes yet, to begin and understand how it works, just import them. You will find in the archive of this version an "extras" directory. Bb Codes are here. So you click on import, you select a Bb Code xml file. That's all, your Bb Codes has been imported. You can edit it to configure it, you can delete it, you can rename its tags, etc.
  • If the Bb Code has a button (with this version this version, the spoiler & highlighter Bb Codes have one) , you go again to the Home page of the administration, you click on "Buttons Manager", you choose which editor configuration you want to edit, then you can change buttons position inside the editor.

For the Chris uploader, you can check the new version released yesterday. Read the extension description, it might have some elements that help you to understand why it doesn't work.

OK, I get some of it!
I had installed it OK but didn't realize that you had to import the BBcodes into the EXISTING Custom Bbcode manager since I never used that before!

Now I will try it with those sample tags I imported and see what happens.

Ok, here is the error...

none in the XF panel
A full server error in the browser when I try to go to any forum that is not public!
I turned it off again.

Here is what I did.....

1. Installed add-on, that worked fine.
2. Imported 3 of the custom BBcodes
3. Then tried to navigate to a hidden (moderators) forum to try out the bbcodes. I couldn't get there, as you see.

This is not important for me to troubleshoot now as I don't have a need for a month or two. But any hints would be welcome. It seems a strange error - and yet, nothing in XF panel.

Edit - looking at that thread title, it IS in the public area of my site!
Opps - all the moderators just reported errors also.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 8.02.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 8.02.09 PM.webp
    42 KB · Views: 29
That's not a very much informative error. I would need to do more tests to find this error. I've just registered to your website. I would need a temporary admin perms to get access to the XenForo options and Custom Bb Codes permissions. I would also certainly need a temporary ftp account. Once done, give me 15 minutes to try to locate the error.

wow, thanks for the offer. I'm away traveling (vacation) so I am not going to attempt this until I get home.

I'll install the same stuff on my new forum (no traffic there and less add-ons) and see what happens.

Strange that it didn't throw off any ACP errors. But now I have lots of reports...all users at that moment had errors.

I'll shoot you a PM once I get back to the office...if the offer still stands.

I'll shoot you a PM once I get back to the office...if the offer still stands.
Ok. For the record I can access this thread without any bug. If you have time, you can also try to disable some addons one by one to check if they might be a conflict here. I don't see any reason for this to happen, but it often helps a lot to debug.

Two others questions : did you try the former 1.3.4 version? Do you have also this bug with it? I'm asking this because I've used some php SPL functions in the last version. They should be compatible with php 5. Which makes me ask you the second question: what is your PHP version?

Everything works on the site since I disabled it a couple seconds after the errors...

I didn't try the old version.....maybe I will do so once I return home just to confirm...
PHP is 5.2.10

That thread had nothing to do with your errors - that was a wiki tab which I removed from the menu (we are testing xencarta)

I'm trying to get the 'float' tag in work in the user 'About' box (Personal Details => About You) but am not having any luck. Are the custom codes universal where ever bb codes can be used or are they only usable in posts?

is there a tutorial on how to use this feature? Because I cannot figure this out to save my life. I have downloaded and installed Brogan's code pkg and I have them all uploaded. But how do I actually use them in the threads when posting? Everytime I do it and preview, it does not display like it should. So I take it that there is something that I am doing wrong or not doing. Help please

is there a tutorial on how to use this feature? Because I cannot figure this out to save my life. I have downloaded and installed Brogan's code pkg and I have them all uploaded. But how do I actually use them in the threads when posting? Everytime I do it and preview, it does not display like it should. So I take it that there is something that I am doing wrong or not doing. Help please
Did you check 4-5 posts above (here)?

Top Bottom