Resource icon

Custom BB Code Manager v1.3.4

No permission to download
Not sure if already asked before, but I would like to request having the possibility to create categories, so you could organize easily your bbcodes by "groups" and find them fastly when need. Actually, like thread prefixes for examples. Thanks :)

Not sure if already asked before, but I would like to request having the possibility to create categories, so you could organize easily your bbcodes by "groups" and find them fastly when need. Actually, like thread prefixes for examples. Thanks :)
Hey, that's just bbcodes ;) We're on the admin side here. And why make complex when things are so simple: with the XenForo Filter Item (pink bar), you just need to type a few letters to immediately find your bbcode.

I'm talking just about helping visually to organize your list, like thread prefixes (again just visually). I'm not sure why you say "just bbcodes", you could say the same thing for it's just "thread prefix", but having the ability to create groups make the whole thing more readable and easy to manage. Each time I have to search hard because I don't always remember the name and the list is messy (of course you can always try to tag or something the bbcode name, but it's not really good solution); it would help greatly to have groups so you search/manage a lot faster.

Hello, I have a problem :

Editor view (number 4 il bold):

1euil.jpg

render =>

1euiL.jpg

No newline taken into account and from bbcode nothing is taken into account.
My code:

PHP:
<?

public static function parseSecret(array $tag, array $rendererStates, &$parentClass)
    {
        if (!empty($tag['option']) && $parentClass->parseMultipleOptions($tag['option']))
        {       
            $attributes = $parentClass->parseMultipleOptions($tag['option']); // Id's
            $userSecretMessage = $tag['children'][0]; // Message

// On récupère l'id du visiteur courant
            $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
                $idMembreCourant = $visitor['user_id'];

// ici on a un tableau avec tous les id des membres qui peuvent voir le message
            $TableauIds = explode(',',$attributes[0]);

// On ajoute le membre courant aux membres pouvant voir le message
            // $TableauIds[idMembreCourant] = $idMembreCourant;

// On explorer la liste des id
            foreach($TableauIds as $IdMembre)
            {
                // Si le membre courant fait partie de la liste on lui donne l'autorisation de voir le message
                if($IdMembre == $idMembreCourant)
                    { $secretAccess = True; }

// On récupére le pseudo lié à chaque id on les stoque dans un tableau
                $user = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_User')->getUserById($IdMembre);
                $listeDesPseudo[] = $user['username'];
            }

if($secretAccess == True)
            {
                if(isset($attributes[0]) AND empty($userSecretMessage) AND $secretAccess == True)
                {
                  $test = implode(", ", $listeDesPseudo);

return ' Seul les utilisateurs suivants <u><b>pourront voir</b></u> ce message secret :<br />' . $test . '.';
                }
                elseif($secretAccess == True)
                {
                    return $userSecretMessage;
                }
            }
        }
    }

$userSecretMessage == $tag['children'][0] and has not modified.

A solution please?
Thank :)

Um, look at the spoiler code. I believe you need to call parseChildren but I'm not in my computer to find the function.

Its good, I have remplaced that :

$userSecretMessage = $tag['children'][0];

By that :

$userSecretMessage = $parentClass->renderSubTree($tag['children'], $rendererStates);

It's worked :)

Myself and Cédric are more than happy to help people get these issues resolved, but we can only work on the information we have and the facts that are presented to us.

So far, fact is I have both Notifications and BB Code Manager installed and no conflict can be found.

It's no good people telling "I've downgraded I can't help". If we were to do that, we wouldn't be very friendly developers :)

Any one experiencing this, please reinstall (the latest version) the add-on and either give us a URL to the problem or send screenshots of the javascript console (F12). We will also need to know if the problem occurs only on your custom style, does it work on the default style? Are all other add-ons turned off? (maybe it's a 3 way conflict!)

Please help us help you! :D

Well I understand your point, but you should also keep in mind that sometimes people can't keep up messing with their sites if testing means making the site unusable, I had to downgrade to keep my users being able to use the site. What I stated was that I would try it later, just needed the time to get up a test site, didn't blame anyone, didn't ask for the impossible.

Anyway it seems it was a jquery conflict and it's solved now, thanks!

The button of the spoiler tag needs to be tweaked for JS mode. It shows the phrase "Show Spoiler" on both, expanded and collapsed spoilers, while it should be "Show Spoiler" for collapsed and "Hide Spoiler" for expanded spoilers.

Also, the no-JS CSS spoiler solution is bad, because

a) the spoiler area is always expanded, even when no mouse touches the spoiler area.
→ Solution: Hide the spoiler area with "display: none" and make it visible when the mouse touches the header area of the spoiler, but also enabling the show spoiler content trigger when the mouse touches the expanded spoiler area to avoid the area getting collapsed when the mouse leaves the header area.

b) The button "Show Spoiler" remains visible without any function. If a button does nothing when pressed, it should be removed and replaced by a more appropriate visual replacement.
→ Solution: Get rid of the button and replace it with a simple "Spoiler" phrase.

c) The (Move your mouse to the spoiler area to reveal the content) phrase looks ugly and would result in google indexing this very phrase on every xenforo site that uses this add-on, because search spiders can't use javascript. Besides, people already know to move the mouse to a spoiler to reveal the content. They don't need to be tought the obvious (that's one thing that I disliked about vbulletin).
→ Solution: Get rid of the phrase entirely.

The button of the spoiler tag needs to be tweaked for JS mode. It shows the phrase "Show Spoiler" on both, expanded and collapsed spoilers, while it should be "Show Spoiler" for collapsed and "Hide Spoiler" for expanded spoilers.

Also, the no-JS CSS spoiler solution is bad, because

a) the spoiler area is always expanded, even when no mouse touches the spoiler area.
→ Solution: Hide the spoiler area with "display: none" and make it visible when the mouse touches the header area of the spoiler, but also enabling the show spoiler content trigger when the mouse touches the expanded spoiler area to avoid the area getting collapsed when the mouse leaves the header area.

b) The button "Show Spoiler" remains visible without any function. If a button does nothing when pressed, it should be removed and replaced by a more appropriate visual replacement.
→ Solution: Get rid of the button and replace it with a simple "Spoiler" phrase.

c) The (Move your mouse to the spoiler area to reveal the content) phrase looks ugly and would result in google indexing this very phrase on every xenforo site that uses this add-on, because search spiders can't use javascript. Besides, people already know to move the mouse to a spoiler to reveal the content. They don't need to be tought the obvious (that's one thing that I disliked about vbulletin).
→ Solution: Get rid of the phrase entirely.

This non JS spoiler has been made in 15 minutes, because the main update of this version was the button manager. If you want to do it one better, feel free to share the files with King.

Hi and thanks for the 1.3 upgrade!
I ran through an update issue you might want to fix: DUPLICATE PRIMARY KEY caused by the query in BbCodeManager::install() at line 115 where you insert left-to-right and right-to-left config types.

I was upgrading directly from 1.2.x to 1.3.2. I just commented line #115 as I already had the same data in db, and install ran smoothly. You may want to insert config data only if data does not exist.

Hi and thanks for the 1.3 upgrade!
I ran through an update issue you might want to fix: DUPLICATE PRIMARY KEY caused by the query in BbCodeManager::install() at line 115 where you insert left-to-right and right-to-left config types.

I was upgrading directly from 1.2.x to 1.3.2. I just commented line #115 as I already had the same data in db, and install ran smoothly. You may want to insert config data only if data does not exist.
???
Not possible ^^ That's the new function of the 1.3 function. Are you sure you upgraded from the 1.2 version?
If you had installed the MarkitUp editor you could have these key but under another table (not kingk_bbcm_buttons)

[ERROR] got this error when upgrading...

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCodeManager.php at line 115
  4. KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCodeManager::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aquiah5/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Disregard - it was a symptom of the previsou upgrade to 1.3 and running the SQL manually.

???
Not possible ^^ That's the new function of the 1.3 function. Are you sure you upgraded from the 1.2 version?
If you had installed the MarkitUp editor you could have these key but under another table (not kingk_bbcm_buttons)
You're right. I somehow installed with the wrong XML, thus resulting in a 1.2.2 version string but the right changes in db. When I tried to upgrade with the correct file, I encountered the exact same error as stroke by Cory Booth in his post right above.

My apologies!

Hello, the Custom BB Code works fine but one problem. In the Help -> BB Code Side is the Custom Code double - Link - where can i edit this?
You must have previously manually edited the template "help_bb_codes" adding a code to require the template "help_custom_bbcodes". Just revert this template (help_bb_codes). This change is now automatically done by the addon. If it doesn't work, just uncheck the listener doing automatically that change.

Just some quick notes/questions
1) The version of this addon show v1.3.2 (with a "v") in XF ACP while the rest of other addons show just numeric.
2) Can this addon be made to replace the functionalities of Minorin addon as well so we don't have to install an extra addon for bbcode
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/minorin-standard-non-wysiwyg-editor-toolbar.117/

1) May be I'm the one responsible for that v... I can't remember. Is it important?
2) This addon is meant to be a Bb Code manager and thanks to King we can all use Bb Codes with Xenforo. I've just integrated a visual interface to configure TinyMCE (the XenForo default editor) after I used the same Interface in the MarkItUp Integrator addon. So I don't think its purpose is to add a whole none wysiwyg editor. That's not a Norton product :rolleyes:

Top Bottom