CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I Have a couple questions, sorry haven't read the entire thread. Just bought this and have started playing with it.

I notice with this enabled it removes taigachat from the forum list page. How can I avoid that?

Capture.webp

Capture2.webp

Also I am probably missing something really, really obvious, but cant get the home tab to show up, what goes here exactly?

Capture1.webp

Sorry for the silly questions,

Uh, no I didnt, Home tab shows but does nothing and the forum page is lost. I will just wait until someone can help me out, lol,

upload_2016-1-10_14-17-17.webp

upload_2016-1-10_14-18-32.webp

Question, before the last update, threads with only media (videos, pictures, tweets etc) in the first post would automatically feature. It doesn't do it anymore, is there a way to re-enable that?

@Brogan has me sorted out. Also for anyone else chat displays when changing the hook location in the forum_list template. Awesome support @Brogan, cheers,

<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>

<xen:container var="$head.canonical"><link rel="canonical" href="{xen:link 'canonical:forums'}" /></xen:container>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}"><xen:container var="$head.description">
<meta name="description" content="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}" /></xen:container></xen:if>
<xen:container var="$head.openGraph">
<xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:forums'}</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$title">{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$description">{$xenOptions.boardDescription}</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$ogType">website</xen:set>
</xen:include></xen:container>

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />

How do I get the thin border around my homepage block to disappear? I can't see any setting that affects it.
If you are referring to the Featured Threads homepage, you need to change the border I n Style Properties > CTA Featured Threads Page > Container. If you mean the block on the forum list, you need to change the border in Style Properties > CTA Featured Threads Blocks > Container.

Question, before the last update, threads with only media (videos, pictures, tweets etc) in the first post would automatically feature. It doesn't do it anymore, is there a way to re-enable that?
That has never been a feature.

Automatic featuring is limited to all threads, or threads which meet the criteria related to the number of likes, replies, and views.

The support site is now running @Chris D ’s Xen Product Manager.

Purchases can now be made directly from the site here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/products/cta-featured-threads-portal-xf1.1/

All customers, new and existing, must first validate their XenForo license and domain in order to purchase or manage licenses: http://support.cliptheapex.com/license/

Then access will be granted to the Products from where new purchases can be made, or existing licenses validated and downloaded.

All existing customers have had licenses manually created with an expiry date of 12 months (January Friday 13 2017 … Spooky!)
You can activate and download them here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/products/license?state=inactive

Once the add-on is updated for XF2, all existing license holders will be allocated a license for the new product for each XF1 license they own and they will just need to purchase annual renewal (£15) in order to download it.

Existing XF1 licenses will remain unaffected so you can, if you wish, continue to run the XF1 license on one site and use the XF2 license on another site.

Please also see this important message regarding a change in the terms of the license: http://support.cliptheapex.com/threads/change-of-license-terms-annual-renewal-now-required.320/

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or on the support forum: http://support.cliptheapex.com/

"Your license could not be validated at this time. Please try again later."

Nevermind seems somehow my licenses got switched around and was trying to validate the wrong one..

Curious if you want all licenses validated? (Multiple Licence Holders)

Last edited:
Actually, I don't feel great about moving to an annual renewal model but I never anticipated developing the add-on beyond a simple block on the forum index, which is all it was originally.

Which is why it was relatively low priced with no renewal to begin with - it wasn't justified.

Then it just got more and more complex with more features and functionality so I feel it is warranted now, although I can understand why some may not be pleased about the change in terms.

Which is why I have tried to mitigate it somewhat by giving a free XF2 license for each XF1 license held, albeit the renewal fee will have to be paid to download.

Hopefully that goes some way to making it more palatable and it also allows me to support both versions of the add-on, for XF1 and XF2, for some time to come, without having to EOL the XF1 version.
So site owners can continue to run the XF1 version or upgrade to the XF2 version, or use both (on different sites, obviously).

Does the annual renewal work on a similar basis to XF licenses - renewal gives you support and upgrades, but you can continue to use older versions if you need/want to without renewing?

Top Bottom