CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Slight update to the share stuff.

I added SPs for custom services, so you can add your own to the custom share templates - separate ones for the blocks and page.

upload_2014-6-11_19-46-48.webp

Which then lets you add more than the built in three services.

upload_2014-6-11_19-47-23.webp

I have added Reddit to the custom templates by default but it's simply a matter of removing the code if you want to replace it with your own. Or you can add others in addition to it.

Is there a chance that there is a editor in a future release ?
Surely the point of featuring threads is to use the existing text that is already there. OK, a few tweaks may be needed but is an editor really needed for this?

The suggestion has been noted but I can't say if or when it will get implemented.

Primarily for the reason given by @Martok above.

Looking forward to 2.8.0. (y):love:

Seriously - I think we dont need XenPorta anymore! I absolutely love Brogan`s Addon & his top Support. The only thing i really like on XenPorta is this Flash/News Addon: http://awesomescreenshot.com/09e2yvy365 Dont know if its possible to create this for Featured Threads? Hmmm, presumably not, but nevermind. Its ok. :barefoot:

Considering I was the one jaxel got the idea from originally, it wouldn't be too hard ;)

There is a blank custom template at the top of the page which can be used for anything.

I don't currently have any plans to implement anything like that as I don't see how it would work.
You would have a block which would cycle through the featured threads and all of the featured threads on the page aswell?
It would need to be one or the other and without the featured threads as they are now, it wouldn't be a portal/home page.

I made the move to make this the front page on one of my sites that is more or less never going to have a blog feel. How do I change the title tag now that it is set as the homepage?

https://www.aspiescentral.com/

Currently it just shows AspiesCentral.com, which I want to keep in my Basic Board settings. What template controls that page where I can adjust it within the template?

Also, if you go to page 2 and beyond, the title tag is exactly the same as the homepage. Not very good for SEO.

I would prefer the homepage to say something like: Asperger's & Autism News & Community

and then for page 2 it would say: Asperger's & Autism News & Community - Page 2

Any reason that the urls don't end the same way as they do on threads? For example, this page is page-84 and not ?page=84.

Thanks!

The title tag is controlled in the cta_featuredthreads_featured template.
You can edit that to set it to what you want, based on the options selected.

I deliberately kept it the same for all pages.
I can look at making it an option in a future release.
I would point out however that none of the titles on any page have the page number included.
It is only shown in the browser tab.

The URLs are the same as the RM does it: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/?page=3
There is no right or wrong way, either one works and has no efffect on anything.

I can live with the urls but would love to have the option to generate page numbers for title tags. Thanks for the template location.

Use this if you want the page number to appear in the tab and on the page:
Code:
<xen:title>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>

Use this if you want the page number to appear on the page only:
Code:
<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:h1>

Hmm for some reason the
Code:
<xen:h1>Asperger's & Autism News & Forum {xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:h1>

isn't working correctly. Still shows the old data.

Edit: NM had it in wrong place.

The forum template code is modified when the FT page is set as the home page.

You can either disable this template modification:
upload_2014-6-12_19-54-7.webp

Or edit the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list_title_meta template to achieve what you want.

I would like to be able to turn off avatars for featured threads, both at the forum home and on the featured threads page. If I desire an avatar, let it be controlled by using with the upload icon function.

Currently, I am using this code in my EXTRA.CSS template
Code:
.ctaFtAvatarPage {
  display: none !important;
}

.ctaFtAvatar {
  display: none !important;
}

I am using using full attachments to control images in my featured threads, very similar effect as to what you will find used for blogs.
Unity3D v5.webp

The Style Property covers both avatars and icons so that is the only way to selectively remove avatars only.

Or you could edit the templates.

The Style Property covers both avatars and icons so that is the only way to selectively remove avatars only.

Or you could edit the templates.

thank you .. I used style properties to turn off avatars/icons. (y)

I need a way to make full attachments responsive to the container in the featured threads posted on forum home

Images should automatically resize to fit the container.

Can you post a link and explain what the issue is?

Top Bottom