CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
As I posted above, Chris' solution is better as it allows the content to be placed on any page, not just a WF page.

So I am going to look into that.
Widgets can be placed in ANY hook location, so not sure the Chris D. solution allows much in flexibility where it can be added compared to the widget framework. But of course the Chris D. solution does not require widget framework, but as far as I know (remember), it must be set up manually.

Edit: Most widgets are not placed at widget pages, but at forum pages, thread pages, resource pages etc.

I won't be developing anything specifically for one add-on.

Anything I do will be generic.

I won't be developing anything specifically for one add-on.

Anything I do will be generic.

I think anyone who knows what they're doing should be able to write the Featured Threads renderer and it shouldn't require anything on the Featured Threads side of things to make it compatible.

I think anyone who knows what they're doing should be able to write the Featured Threads renderer and it shouldn't require anything on the Featured Threads side of things to make it compatible.
Yes, it should be quite simple to add the renders. And agree, no code changes in featured threads package is required. Hopefully someone will do it.

Just a simple note:I have more than one page in my portal, when adding a block in :cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom template. it shows after the pagination, not before.
------
Some suggestions:

1- Add an option to make a thread sticky or featured in portal.
2- I want to make threads in my portal featured indefinitely, but blocks in forums for limited time.. or can we just decide where to feature each thread, in forums or in portal, is this possible?
3- add the node title or the title of the forum category in footer .
4- my last suggestion is kind of dream.. can we have a slider to display many featured threads in the same box?

I know many of those suggestion can not be done, but I like to share with you some of my ideas.

Thanks again

Just a simple note:I have more than one page in my portal, when adding a block in :cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom template. it shows after the pagination, not before.
That is by design.

You can change it by editing the cta_featuredthreads_featured template and moving
Code:
<xen:include template="cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom" />
above
Code:
    <div class="pageNavLinkGroup">
        <xen:pagenav link="threads/featured" page="{$page}" perpage="{$perPage}" total="{$featuredThreadsTotal}" />
    </div>

I have made a note of your suggestions but I can't comment on whether they will or won't be added.

@Brogan just installed 2.6.1 on XF 1.3.2 and when enabled these 3 options
  • Forum List Featured Threads
  • Latest Featured Thread
  • New / Recent Posts Featured Threads
or just enable
  • Forum List Featured Threads
  • Latest Featured Thread
Get the following error on forum_list index page below
Code:
Server Error

Undefined offset: 299

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 74
CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/forumdomain.com/public/index.php at line 13

Otherwise if they are not enabled, Featured threads works https://community.centminmod.com/threads/featured

Current setup as follows
  • Centmin Mod .07 released LEMP web stack
  • Nginx 1.7.1 with ngx_pagespeed 1.8.31.3 beta enabled
  • PHP 5.5.13 PHP-FPM with Zend OpCache 7.0.4-dev
  • MariaDB MySQL 5.5.37 with InnoDB default
  • Memcached 1.4.20 server with Memcache 3.0.8/Memcached 2.2.0 + Libmemcached 1.18 (igbinary supported)
  • CSF Firewall
  • Added: Elasticsearch 1.2.0
maybe addon conflict https://community.centminmod.com/threads/xenforo-addon-suggestions-list.17/#post-24 ? heh

Unfortunately there's a bug with the Latest Featured Threads option (introduced in 2.6.1).
Somebody reported it to me earlier today.

I have already identified the cause and it will be fixed in 2.7.

In the meantime, please just uncheck the Latest Featured Thread options for Forum List and New / Recent Posts.
It should still work for Forum View.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

I'm trying to ascertain whose addon is at fault...

In my password protected nodes addon, I used to completely change the viewparams. I no longer do this (I just modify the view name) as it was causing issues with addons.

However, in this addon, in the actionForum method, you're assuming a view is being returned, so, if (like I do in my addon) something else is returned (an error or redirect), it errors out as you're doing a foreach (fatal error, invalid foreach variable).

So, I'm just wondering if I should't be doing what I'm doing, or if you (@Brogan) should really be checking that you get a view response, and it contains the relevant params...

Liam

Can you post the error?

This one first (not displayed):

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: stickyThreads - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:119
Generated By: Liam W, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xfliam/pu...', 119, Array)
#1 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/xfliam/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "https://xf-liam.com/forums/file-bank.44/forum"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/forums/file-bank.44/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Then this one (displayed):

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:121
Generated By: Liam W, 11 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(121): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/xfliam/pu...', 121, Array)
#1 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/xfliam/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/xfliam/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "https://xf-liam.com/forums/file-bank.44/forum"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/forums/file-bank.44/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Which version of FT are you running?

I've made quite a few changes to the code recently so will need to make sure I'm looking at the right one.

Hey,

Ahm, whats the difference between forum_list and forum_view? I am using the XenMediaGallery with the Slider in the forum_list, so i dont need a second Block in this Position. Can this Addon only used as a Portal, without this Featured Threads in the forum_list? And what if i am using Widget Framework, is this also working with it?

Thx

Hey,

Ahm, whats the difference between forum_list and forum_view? I am using the XenMediaGallery with the Slider in the forum_list, so i dont need a second Block in this Position. Can this Addon only used as a Portal, without this Featured Threads in the forum_list? And what if i am using Widget Framework, is this also working with it?

Thx
One other option is to put the XMG slider on the Featured Threads portal page and leave the featured threads blocks on the forum_list. I've posted a guide on how to do this on the XMG website. In addition, see the FAQs for this add-on which links to my post on using Featured Threads with Widget Framework.

Top Bottom