CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
In addition to uploading a featured thread icon image, can we also/instead put in a URL to the image (externally or own site). In case you want to use an image (uploaded or linked) already in the thread.

That won't be an option.

I was originally going to do it like that but instead I decided to go this route.

Anyone know how to get this separation line separating the thread title from the thread content via CSS? Any help would be appreciated.

image.webp

Code:
.ctaFtThreadContent {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 0px #3E3E3E;
}

Last edited:
This isn't specific to this add-on or anyone in this thread but over the years I've seen many comments about how it should be "relatively simple" to add x feature.

Well I've just started updating Featured Threads to allow an icon to be uploaded in place of the avatar.
Bearing in mind I haven't started on the actual php code yet, this is everything I have done so far for the database, options, templates, phrases, style properties and admin templates.

Schema Changes
  • icon_date

New Options
  • Featured Thread Icon
    • Enable Icon
    • Width x Height

New Style Properties
  • Blocks
    • Icon
  • Page
    • Icon

Changed Style Properties
  • Blocks
    • Enable Avatar – updated to Enable Avatar / Icon
  • Page
    • Enable Avatar – Updated to Enable Avatar / Icon

New Templates
  • cta_featuredthreads_icon

Changed Templates
  • cta_featuredthreads_feature
  • cta_featuredthreads_update
  • cta_featuredthreads.css
  • cta_featuredthreads_list_item
  • cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item

New Phrases
  • cta_ft_upload_icon
  • cta_ft_check_upload_icon
  • cta_ft_update_icon
  • cta_ft_check_update_delete_icon
  • cta_ft_close
  • cta_ft_supported_formats_jpeg_png_gif
  • cta_ft_delete_icon

New CSS
  • ctaFtIcon
  • ctaFtIconPage
  • ctaFtIconEditor
  • ctaFtcurrentIcon
  • ctaFtIconAction
  • ctaFtIconUpload

New Admin Templates
  • cta_featuredthreads_option_template_icon

Next I have to write the actual code to make it all work.

So just bear that in mind the next time you request a "simple addition" for an add-on :)

You need to adapt the colours to fit. The shadow sets the indent and depends on the background colour of your own site. Do you have a link handy to your site?

Okay,

Code:
.ctaFtThreadTitle {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 0px #3e3e3e;
}

a.ctaFtThreadTitleLink {
    text-decoration: none;
}

You'll have to play with the colours on the ThreadTitle part to get it right for your style.

I am trying to add a font awesome
<iclass="fa fa-comments-o fa-fw"></i> before the "read more..." text - any help on find where the proper template is to modify this? Like below.

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 10.02.35 AM.webp

I am trying to add a font awesome
<iclass="fa fa-comments-o fa-fw"></i> before the "read more..." text - any help on find where the proper template is to modify this? Like below.
I'd be more inclined to add it to the cta_ft_read_more language phrase instead of a style template.

Top Bottom