CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
We've had this for the past two days: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-before-hottest-day-of-the-year-9613774.html

The best lightning I've ever seen earlier this evening - far better than anything on those images.

It's so pretty!

Back on June 29, 2013, we got a pretty good hailstorm, which doesn't happen too often for us, and it was the most exiting thing ever! I was going to mow the lawn that day, but then the storm came. I went to get the mail and crossing the street back to the house, I noticed dark clouds behind our house. About five minutes after I had gone back inside and was browsing the Internet on my computer, I suddenly heard things crashing against the house like crazy. I was just expecting some rain.

I walked out my room and saw it. I then opened the front door (it was coming from behind, so I didn't dare open the backdoor, LOL) for a better look, and it was like a blizzard. Then it changed to heavy rain, which flooded the street and the neighbor's entire driveway because of how it inclined.

Here's a photo of the flooded street:
Summer 2013 Flood.webp

And here's a video someone took of the storm. Pretty exiting, eh?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I slept through the apparently amazing thunderstorm here LOL

We'll test the slider too, if you need any one else :) Didn't realise you'd asked for tester lol

Can we choose a Backround Image for the Slider as well?
This should answer your question.

upload_2014-7-17_0-16-15-png.78037

Promoted threads won't show in the slider until a slider image is uploaded.

There's no point in promoting them otherwise.

Thanks all.

Testing will be delayed slightly.
I decided to add a few more options...

upload_2014-7-19_16-53-8.webp

Umchecking 'Horizontal Transition' and checking 'Adaptive Height' is quite funky :D

No way I can keep up with all these features - so pardon me if this has been discussed....

I run a WP blog along with XF.

Many of my featured threads link to the "blog continuation thread" in XF - which is a continuation (discussion) of the original WP article.

As it stands, I link to the XF thread, which does have a link to the WP post in the first post of that thread.
But it would be really neat to, when I decide to feature the thread, to have the info from the XF thread show (that is, the text part, etc.) BUT, have the actual featured box click redirect to the Wordpress (or any) other URL outside of XF.

It would save one click (now the user has to go to the XF post and then back to the blog post).....

I don't do this with all the featured threads, but it would be a nice addition (if it's not already in there!).

I can't add any code specific to WP.

You would need to modify your own installation to do that.

What I am suggesting is not in WP.
It would be, when that little edit window (feature thread) comes up, to not only have the choice of changing the icon and text, but actually having the choice to change or redirect the URL.

Nothing in WP would be required....see enclosed. It simply changes where the box links to from the default thread - to any URL of the user's choice. I think it could be used in various ways...
redirect.webp

Well it's a featured thread, so to link it to anything else doesn't really make much sense to me.

I understand what you are saying - my case was one in which the thread follows the article - as stated.....that is, I have a continuation thread for each big article in WP...although many other threads stand on their own (review is totally in XF).

This would give me the option of sending them direct to the bigger article....which then links to the discussion thread. I can imagine others would find similar uses.

Anyway, store it away in the suggestion box and if anyone else likes it or comments on it here...

Here is one of my examples. This is a featured thread:
http://droneflyers.com/talk/threads/dji-phantom-2-vision-first-look-and-review.513/

As you can see, it just links back to the blog - although the thread will eventually fill up with additions, etc.

The idea is simply a way to promote stuff from other parts of any site from XF.

For the featured threads page - is there a way to disable BBCode? I have it unchecked for both manual and automatic featuring and haven't seen anything in the style properties for the featured page.

The bb code is stripped when featuring or updating and applies globally.

It's not applied retroactively.

Yeah sorry, was about to edit that post. I thought re-running the cron would strip existing threads but figured it out when I manually featured a thread.

Thanks

Top Bottom