Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Finally my requested "like feature" is coming up ;) I really need this.

And yes, don't count it to total likes. Cause user A pushes/spams user B likes in conversations and no-one can see that. In conversations, likes have a slightly different function.

Conversation likes should not conflict with these ratings.
Since that is a paid add-on which I do not own, I have no control over it.
But if post rating already has likes for conversations then why is everybody wanting it as part of this add-on?

Since that is a paid add-on which I do not own, I have no control over it.
But if post rating already has likes for conversations then why is everybody wanting it as part of this add-on?

Post rating mod does not contain likes for conversations. It just replaces likes for posts. If you keep conversation likes independent of the post likes then you do not need to worry about any conflicts. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Can you elaborate for what you need this, because I quite frankly don't see a point?
The only benefit that I can see is if you have a very large conversation with many participants and you want to confirm or agree to a message by a single participant, this prevents the whole conversation being bumped and thus emails received by everyone involved. Liking the message would simply send out an alert to that poster only.

Exactly that.

We are a project-based community for the game Minecraft. We discuss a lot about each own projects and the teamwork needs a lot of "agree/disagree" feedback for new ideas.

Is there a way to have a global Participant group available for all the users to use.
How would you use this?
Do you really want your members to contact all of your moderators in one conversation?

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.5

What's new:
  • Added the ability to "like" conversation messages just as you do with thread posts. These likes do not count towards a user's total as there is no accountability due to the private nature of conversations. This feature prevents a whole conversation from being bumped, which would normally cause emails to be sent out to everyone involved.
  • Conversation list Avatars/Usernames toggle now saves your preference.
  • Added ability to limit the 'Last read date' in conversations...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi.... Excellent add-on, great work.

Once a inbox is 'full' how can members free up space?

By leaving the conversation?

And if I add this to my forum now, many members will have over 100+ conversations already in their inbox. And if I set the full limit to 50, will it make existing inboxes full, if there are more than 50 conversations already in their? Or will the addon not include those?

Other than offering this feature as an upgrade to members and just having extra features, are there any benefits for setting limits to inbox conversations? In terms of better forum performance or something?

And 'Liking' a pm post, is it just to show the participants, that you Liked it, but it doesn't really add anything to member stats ?

If you set the inbox limit to 50 and you have 100 then you will not be able to send or receive any new conversations until you leave 51.
If someone replies to a conversation you have left (not permanently) then that conversation is once again displayed in your inbox and can bring your total above the max limit.

In addition to having this as an upgrade feature it also helps in reducing/maintaining your conversation table size since once everyone leaves a conversation, that conversation is then deleted from the table.

Liking a conversation message does nothing for the user stats. It is just a way to let someone know that you have read or agree with their message but have no need to reply since replying bumps the conversation and sends out emails to all participants. If you don’t like this feature you can simply not assign it to any of your usergroups.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom