XF 2.2 Confirm understand rules before posting topic

MyPoloNL

We have a small market-place on our forum and we have some rules for the topic, we see a lot of people not reading the rules (sticky thread), we want to remind our members for following the rules before they can post a topic (this should only show in our market place subforums.

Is there any possibility for this? Or do you guys know some add-on for this?

Solution
We have a small market-place on our forum and we have some rules for the topic, we see a lot of people not reading the rules (sticky thread), we want to remind our members for following the rules before they can post a topic (this should only show in our market place subforums.

You can do it with a custom thread field, checkbox for “Yes I read the rules” and make it required.

It won’t guarantee they actually read them though :)

Of course it only applies to the thread starter and not replies.

Edit:

You can do it with a custom thread field, checkbox for “Yes I read the rules” and make it required.

Edit:

Solution
Also you might want to figure out why these rules are being ignored and address it. For example, you may have a rule that they must state a price. If this is being ignored, you could create a required price field. Just one example.

Edit:

Exactly what i am looking for, thanks!! works like a charm!
Also you might want to figure out why these rules are being ignored and address it. For example, you may have a rule that they must state a price. If this is being ignored, you could create a required price field. Just one example.
Maybe a noob question, but where can i add such required field(s)?

We have that field as well. Just a text field. However we added a regex Regular Expressions which only allows numbers common currency symbols £ $ € as well as -

^(£|\$|€)(\d{1,3}(\,\d{3})*|(\d+))(\.\d{2})?(\s*(-|(to))\s*(£|\$|€)?(\d{1,3}(\,\d{3})*|(\d+))(\.\d{2})?)?$

Top Bottom