California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
th_100_.gif

Thanks

th_100_.gif

If they lose on the California case, the UK case would be a waste of time and space... because they would literally be trying to get double jeopardy, for an easy term... if we fail in one country, lets try another, then another... courts don't allow that to go on, for no other reason than it ties up the court systems with nonsense that has already proven in another court to have failed and been dismissed. The court usually has to be higher to be heard.

I think that the answer to all of those is the same. The case was brought by "corporate", witnesses are individuals and when it comes down to it there's nothing an employer can do to compel and employee to testify.

If found guilty perjury or vbulletin was found guilty of forcing is employees to lie under oath, the legal ramifications would have Bob Brisco hung drawn and quartered.

If found guilty perjury or vbulletin was found guilty of forcing is employees to lie under oath, the legal ramifications would have Bob Brisco hung drawn and quartered.

So how can IB/vB continue with this case? They can't go through the entire thing and keep their people off the stand.

We all knew their claims were bogus from the start after reading the first documents posted and their claims made... seriously... trying to put claim to SEO, Like feature, Twitter or FB integration, etc... it has always been serious nonsense and an attempt to keep customers from flocking further away from VB, in the hope VB could salvage their software and compete again... but they failed on that path as well from what I have read from VB customers based on latest releases.

VB had their opportunity to listen to Kier when he stated they needed to rebuild it from the ground up years ago... they didn't listen, and now try to blame him and XF the company for their own failure and poor business decisions.

So.. XF won the case? Or what? I'm confused.

Not yet, they are a step closer.

I hope IB/vB will just give up so Kier and Mike don't have to worry about it anymore.

This is just a horrible nuisance for the XenForo team and continues to make IB/vB look really really bad.

Reactions: Kim
So how can IB/vB continue with this case? They can't go through the entire thing and keep their people off the stand.

There were 12 claims made against XF. The claims and evidence that will be given for each point may be different. They may have felt the evidence for the injunction was not strong enough, or the testimonies given under oath could have been damaging to their case overall.

Put simply, we will never know exactly why they withdrew the request for injunction, but it can be for one of many reasons, while people jump to the conclusions that it was "all lies", the fact is, examination under oath can be massively damaging if the correct questions are asked by Xenforo.

We all know this lawsuit is a farse, and when put under oath IB will have to hear its employees make some statements that are not going to help them. So they will try to avoid it as much as possible for as long as possible.

There were 12 claims made against vbulletin. The claims and evidence that will be given for each point may be different. They may have felt the evidence for the injunction was not strong enough, or the testimonies given under oath could have been damaging to their case overall.

Put simply, we will never know exactly why they withdrew the request for injunction, but it can be for one of many reasons, while people jump to the conclusions that it was "all lies", the fact is, examination under oath can be massively damaging if the correct questions are asked by Xenforo.

We all know this lawsuit is a farse, and when put under oath IB will have to hear its employees make some statements that are not going to help them. So they will try to avoid it as much as possible for as long as possible.

I am the king of typo's but you made one this time :)

Change the 7th word in the first sentence to XenForo :)

I am the king of typo's but you made one this time :)

Change the 7th word in the first sentence to XenForo :)

I can barely read my screen lol, looking at it through 1 very squinty eye because I can't even open the other one from the pain of looking at a "bright" screen, been up for nearly 60 hours. Time for bed I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom