California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why don't you just come out and say what you mean to say.

Any speculation that is negative isn't welcome.

Any speculation that is positive is welcome.

You know as much as HWS knows, and he know's as much as you know. Yet some how you think your positive speculation to be correct, because it's positive. While you think his is just FUD because it's negative. Neither of your twos speculation serves any real purpose.

Umm ... hangon, I've not made any speculation in any direction. I think you may either be confusing me with someone else, or you're just making assumptions.

For the record, I am in the "let's wait and see before we make any conclusions" camp, which is right next door to the "any speculation, both good or bad, is pointless and adds no value to the discussion" camp.

I don't welcome Blind Optimism (positive speculation) any more than I welcome FUD (negative speculation) - it is equally pointless in my opinion.

That being said, I am optimistic about the future of XF - but I am prepared to wait until the facts are known before I pass judgement. Until then, I will just wait and get on with things.

My emotional well-being is not tied to the outcome of this court case or to the decisions of the management of XenForo.

What fantastic news, whatever the final outcome, to know this is finally over.

I don't agree that no news from KAM means bad news. Can you imagine having this pressure on your shoulders for so long? Even if the outcome is totally in XF's favour the poor guys are probably just crying with relief and will post when they are ready. Really what difference does a few days or weeks make now we know it is over? I should imagine KAM want to compose themselves and post up a reasoned and mature response. It's a bit ungracious I feel to criticise KAM for not posting at this stage when we have no tangible information.

In any case, we have no idea whether the settlement included clauses not to talk about it. We have to accept we may never know the full details. What is important firstly is KAM are OK and this nightmare is finally finished. Then, switching to being totally selfish, that our communities can continue to enjoy XF. We can then prey and hope XF gets back on track and development and progress are resumed.

:)

Quite a coincidence. 24 hours after a settlement was reached, vBulletin 5 Connect was declared "IB Stable"

Keep in mind though, that can swing both ways.

1: KAM won and IB are panicking making vBulletin 5 a supported product quickly.
2: KAM lost and XF is closing, IB are getting vB5 really for that happening for selling as a supported product to capture you.

Two ways of looking at that...

2: KAM lost and XF is closing, IB are getting vB5 really for that happening for selling as a supported product to capture you.

Great assessment either way on your part :)

... or...

3: Nobody won or lost but concessions were made by both sides that may or may not be publicly disclosed and both IB & XF will be moving forward.

From wiki.lawdepot.com
Mutual Release is a General Release tailored for use when both parties claim that each other is to blame for the injuries or damages that they have suffered. Since both parties are giving up all known and unknown claims against the other party, care should be taken to ensure that the parties are fully aware of their rights. Normally both parties simply release the other from future liability. However, if one party is more at fault they can be asked to give extra consideration (compensation).
I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The way I see it is that the outcome will most probably, in my opinion, something that the community will not be too happy with. Having said that, I do believe that regardless of the outcome, Xenforo will still be developed. But it is good to see the whole thing over.

We have an official status update thread that is stickied and locked. If you don't like extra discussion, don't watch this thread, watch that one. Simple enough.

Ok. I guess I was just curious why this one was constantly locked in the past but now is allowed to continue rampant. Whatever, this forum moderating style has never been consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom