California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I look at it. If this agreement suited XenForo, then Kier would be rushing to post about it, because it's great news.

That's not happened.

They will get the go ahead from their lawyers on when it's OK to tell us stuff - and exactly what they are permitted to say. They know we know it's over. But they cannot just rush in and blurt it out to us.

Presumably there are still some hard decisions to be made about the future of XF and debts and other issues to be resolved too; I can't imagine it's all roses and glasses of champaign just because a settlement has been finally reached.

I do hope the outcome is a positive one though. (y)

This is how I look at it. If this agreement suited XenForo, then Kier would be rushing to post about it, because it's great news.

Settlement agreements often dictate exactly what and when, including announcements regarding the settlement. A settlement was reached 5 days ago but neither party announced it.

Patience is required.

The Court notes that the Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release must still be executed by the parties,
and further notes that it is provided therein that within five (5) business days of the parties’ execution of the
document, Plaintiff shall file a Notice of Dismissal With Prejudice.

We may not find out for a while... Read it again with accents...

The Court notes that the Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release must still be executed by the parties,
and further notes that it is provided therein that within five (5) business days of the parties’ execution of the
document, Plaintiff shall file a Notice of Dismissal With Prejudice.

I.e. it may take 6 months, however Once whatever is held in the Settlement agreement and Mutual Release has been completed/done/etc within 5 days of this completion iB will file a Dismissal With Prejudice.

Sounds like both sides have to give/do something.

I cant say this is looking good.

Reactions: HWS
The 5 day "window" is once the settlement document has been actioned, not from when the update was filed.
So the case will be dropped 5 days after the actions required by the settlement are completed

So there's a bit more waiting involved, but we're used to that.

Forsaken said:
You done yet?​

He can't help it. Some people just compulsively see things as bad regardless of evidence or lack of it. Let's try not to tease or punish him for it.
He's not seeing it as bad, he's just trolling and running his mouth.

The forum still being online too I think is a pretty indication that regardless of who owns the rights to xF this time next month, the plug isn't being pulled on it's future developement.

The forum still being online too I think is a pretty indication that regardless of who owns the rights to xF this time next month, the plug isn't being pulled on it's future developement.
Until IB and XenForo release information on the settlement, nothing would be transferred, so that the site is up has no meaning.

Until IB and XenForo release information on the settlement, nothing would be transferred, so that the site is up has no meaning.

Assuming we'd get unfettered access to the settlement that is. I have no doubts in my mind IB will attempt to suppress as much knowledge as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom