California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original complaint identified VB Solutions as a Delaware corporation. That is the significance for purposes of the motion.

... and as it turns out .. there is no vB Solutions incorporated in DE (or anywhere for that matter :D)

IB apparently is trying to tie Kier down as working for them in California and XF lawyers are responding by asking the court why vBulletin solutions is not registered in California, this may get the lawsuit thrown out by a technicality.

IB apparently is trying to tie Kier down as working for them in California and XF lawyers are responding by asking the court why vBulletin solutions is not registered in California, this may get the lawsuit thrown out by a technicality.
I think there is a typo in that statement with consideration that vBulletin Solutions, Inc. is not registered in Delaware, if not registered at all.

I think there is a typo in that statement with consideration that vBulletin Solutions, Inc. is not registered in Delaware, if not registered at all.

No, they claimed in the lawsuit that vBulletin Solutions was a Delaware Corporation when in fact it is actually registered as a California corporation, so IB lawyers made the blunder and XF attorneys caught this fact.

Internet Brands, Inc., vB Solutions owner is a Delaware corporation and their attorneys are a bit confused, so let's hope the judge throws this out of court without consideration for their blunder.

I made a mistake in my prior post, should have said that XF lawyers are asking why vB Solutions is not registered in Delaware when the lawsuit lists them as a Delaware corporation.

The original complaint identified VB Solutions as a Delaware corporation. That is the significance for purposes of the motion.
Oi. I see. Darby, GET 'EM!

I hope that XenForo succeeeds at getting this dismissed!

Oh yeah!

I think they should so back to the olden days and just have a big fight. lol

You mean punch for punch? I don't think Bob Brisco could last against the guys here :p

He would need to buy some bionical arms or a real ironman suit LOL...

I think they should so back to the olden days and just have a big fight. lol
Hell yer... nothing like a good old blue to sort the men from the boys! Mind you it always hurts afterwards for all concerned... but nothing a few beers doesn't quickly fix.

Hell yer... nothing like a good old blue to sort the men from the boys! Mind you it always hurts afterwards for all concerned... but nothing a few beers doesn't quickly fix.

You mean you solved matters in the past the old way :p

How many times were you the winner ;)

No, they claimed in the lawsuit that vBulletin Solutions was a Delaware Corporation when in fact it is actually registered as a California corporation, so IB lawyers made the blunder and XF attorneys caught this fact.

Internet Brands, Inc., vB Solutions owner is a Delaware corporation and their attorneys are a bit confused, so let's hope the judge throws this out of court without consideration for their blunder.

I made a mistake in my prior post, should have said that XF lawyers are asking why vB Solutions is not registered in Delaware when the lawsuit lists them as a Delaware corporation.

Your statement earlier:

I might be totally wrong but I interpret that as XF lawyers are asking not "why vBulletin Solutions is not registered in California"....but it is registered in California. Therefore the question I believe that was intended was "Isn't vBulletin Solutions registered in California and not Delaware?"

Of course the proper punctuation also can change what you wrote into what I wrote too here...

I might be totally wrong but I interpret that as XF lawyers are asking not "why vBulletin Solutions is not registered in California"....but it is registered in California. Therefore the question I believe that was intended was "Isn't vBulletin Solutions registered in California and not Delaware?"

Of course the proper punctuation also can change what you wrote into what I wrote too here...
Awe, c'mon. Cut him some slack. He made a mistake and retracted his statement.

.......for what it's worth.

Why is Delaware brought into this suit? I'm wondering because I recently had just incorporated my company in california...This court paper screams "get incorporated in Delaware!" to me.

More than 60 percent of Fortune 500 companies are incorporated in Delaware. Low taxes (no corporate taxes if the company does not conduct business in Delaware), you can "incorporate" in as little as 1 hour, separate court for corporate law (which has no juries), relaxed corporate laws, etc. are just a few of the reasons its considered an "incorporation friendly" state and why a lot businesses choose to incorporate there.

Anyway, regardless of whether vBulletin were registered in California or Delaware, it could still sue in California if it conducts business in the state. Personally, I hope Judge Real dismisses the case.

I would rather hear from a lawyer to be perfectly honest, because mistakes don't make lawsuits just go away... this is civil proceedings, not criminal... where a mistake with logging evidence that would put someone behind bars is relevant vs. civil proceedings where people are being sued and paperwork is refiled, amended, etc.

More than 60 percent of Fortune 500 companies are incorporated in Delaware. Low taxes (no corporate taxes if the company does not conduct business in Delaware), you can "incorporate" in as little as 1 hour, separate court for corporate law (which has no juries), relaxed corporate laws, etc. are just a few of the reasons its considered an "incorporation friendly" state and why a lot businesses choose to incorporate there.
This has now moved up to the top of priorities in my t0-do list. Thanks.

But the yearly management of the incorporated [Delaware] company is an upwards of 800 dollars a year. And I would need an agent over there. I was at a seminar two weeks ago trying to learn as much as possible about incorporated companies, and one of them is Delaware companies.

something strikes it odd
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545603/031111358778.pdf
Kier mentioned IB bought jelsoft and thereby controlling vbulletin during 2007 and kier mention he started with xenfor work with mike during2009 and he was never an employee for ib during 2007 - 2009? didnt kier code the new vbulletin attachment example when he presented the new attachment for the upcoming vb4 when it was still under development? so shouldnt kier have done works for ib during that period

He explicitly said that he worked on the vBulletin 4.0 product. But the twist is that he wasn't working for iB then, he was working for JelSoft.

When you acquire a company from another country without a business THERE....it complicates things. A lot. This is where Darby took advantage.

So now, any lawsuit taking place in England is going to be very hard for iB to prove to the Royal Courts there. If iB had incorporated a company and MERGED the both entities, THAT's a whole different ballgame.

but that time jelsoft was already being owned and controlled by ib so technically kier did work for IB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom