California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the community had many issues long before the lawsuit and that division was only made more visible by the lawsuit.

I would view the lawsuit as a unity vs. a divisive issue. Everyone believes the lawsuit is bogus and supports XenForo regarding the lawsuit no matter what their view of XenForo's other issues.

Maybe a new discussion thread that is well moderated from the off, with all the off topic chat removed as it happens is the best approach. People are trying to find out some serious information and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find due to a select few posting nonsense and totally off topic content.

Reactions: vVv
Maybe a new discussion thread that is well moderated from the off, with all the off topic chat removed as it happens is the best approach.

Uh ... you mean the thing Jake just started at the top of page 236 of this thread ?

I am not going to bother trying to keep this thread on topic anymore. For those wanting to know the current status of the lawsuit you can watch this thread:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/status-of-lawsuit.39082/

Good idea Jake.

Uh ... you mean the thing Jake just started at the top of page 236 of this thread ?

Good idea Jake.

No, that's not a discussion. That's an update thread. It's locked. We can't reply. I'm asking for a discussion to take place (discussion, unlocked topic) where there is no meaningless, irrelevant content being posted.

Like, one called "Discussions: Status of Lawsuit" which starts off FRESH/NEW ... based on LATEST information from this thread below:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/status-of-lawsuit.39082/

Then, new PDFs/DOCs posted to THAT thread, whilst THIS thread gets closed. Basically that "Discussions: Status of Lawsuit" picks up from CURRENT information only, keeping it fresh/present information discussing only...All this stuff in this thread, is repeating over and over, what's already been discussed anyway. It's past related stuff, beating a dead horse so to speak. Need thread that picks up, starts fresh, from current informations.

Exactly this.

Don't one of you have an extra license laying around that you can slap up an xF forum JUST to discuss the lawsuit with all the extra periphery?

Or make a fb page about it or something.

ah okay.. i'm just not sure anymore, if i'm on hundreds of ignore lists or not lmao. :p well, i ain't "elder member" either, with not much "weight" in community, as I've not been here since XF's birth so..

I don't often speak out n matters like this, but its so frustrating to watch. I know that legal issues are pressing but I fully believe that a senior member of staff should be around to supervise the forums much more often. I'm not slating the moderating team, I appreciate how difficult this job can be as I have been on the team of a bulletin board many times before - but some decisions that should be being made, simply put, are not.

PACER Update for 10/19/2012

PACER Docket Text said:
NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION to Strike Answers Answer to Complaint[104] Plaintiff's Notice of Motion and Motion for a Court Order Striking the Answers of Defendants Darby and Xenforo Limited and Entering a Default Judgment Against Them as a Sanction, or in the Alternative, an Order to Compel Defendants to Hold a Rule 26(f) Meeting of Counsel and to Modify Scheduling Order to Briefly Extend Discovery Cut-Off Date and Permit Possible Amendments to Exhibit Lists and Witness Lists filed by Plaintiff vBulletin Solutions, Inc.. Motion set for hearing on 11/19/2012 at 10:00 AM before Judge Manuel L. Real. (Attachments: # (1) Declaration of Russell Selmont, # (2) Exhibit A-B, # (3) Declaration of Wendy Giberti, # (4) Exhibit A-B, # (5) Declaration of Patrick Fraioli, # (6) Exhibit A-L)(Fraioli, Patrick)

Documents in this pack:

133: NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION to Strike // 20 Pages
133-1: Declaration of Russell Selmont // 3 Pages
133-2: Exhibit A-B // 6 Pages
133-3: Declaration of Wendy Giberti // 3 Pages
133-4: Exhibit A-B // 4 Pages
133-5: Declaration of Patrick Fraioli // 5 Pages
133-6: Exhibit A-L // 60 Pages [Not Attached, Oversize]

External - All in one ZIP pack.

As with any third party download source, please be sure to scan all documents before opening. Documents were scanned and deemed safe at the time of upload.

Please let me know if there are any errors or corrupted files, I believe everything should be good though.

Regards,
ENF

Attachments

They claim KAM has been trying to string this out?!? What the what?!?

This is my surprised face.

tumblr_mc2fuw3kX91qzfvezo1_500.jpg

In summary... IB has requested a default judgment against Kier and XenForo because XenForo has obstructed the legal process. IB also wants to involve Matt Mecham in this case (the creator of IPB) who IB claims may have new information relevant to the case. The court will rule on this request on November 19.

This seems to be a repeat of what happened exactly one year ago, right before the first trial date (before it was postponed). IB came in at the last minute claiming to have new evidence, defendants, and accusations. The court allowed it and here we are a year later. Now IB is doing the same thing again, claiming to have new stuff that it wants to add to the case which would no doubt lead to another delay in the trial date. And all of this is happening at the last minute... again.

And it looks like IPB isn't safe anymore. They want to bring Matt Mecham (the creator of IPB) into this case now.

I doubt the judge will allow this considering the history of this case, but we'll find out on November 19.

In summary... IB has requested a default judgment against Kier and XenForo because XenForo has obstructed the legal process. IB also wants to involve Matt Mecham in this case (the creator of IPB) who IB claims may have new information relevant to the case. The court will rule on this request on November 19.

This seems to be a repeat of what happened exactly one year ago, right before the first trial date (before it was postponed). IB came in at the last minute claiming to have new evidence, defendants, and accusations. The court allowed it and here we are a year later. Now IB is doing the same thing again, claiming to have new stuff that it wants to add to the case which would no doubt lead to another delay in the trial date. And all of this is happening at the last minute... again.

And it looks like IPB isn't safe anymore. They want to bring Matt Mecham (the creator of IPB) into this case now.

I doubt the judge will allow this considering the history of this case, but we'll find out on November 19.
Matt has always had a grudge on xF and spread rumors about it and KAM when brought up in conversation. If I still had the logs, I'd post em here...I'll take a look around as I like to backup my stuff.

unbelievable. What are they involving Matt Mecham for? Is this there way of dragging this out? How long can they keep continuing to do this before the judge finally realizes what they are doing? :mad:

Consider this...

A year ago IB asked for the trial to be delayed so it could add 3 new defendants. The trial was delayed a year for this. And now one year later, with the trial date approaching, IB has yet to serve those 3 new defendants. In fact, in a recent legal document IB essentially blamed the court and the defense counsel for its failure to serve the new defendants:

Screen shot 2012-10-16 at 12.57.20 PM.webp

And after all of this, IB is asking the court to potentially delay again. I imagine the court will find this highly offensive given the case history, and also given the court's apparent reluctance to entertain any new amendments or delays:

Screen shot 2012-10-16 at 12.49.14 PM.webp

PACER Update for 10/19/2012
133-6: Exhibit A-L // 60 Pages [Not Attached, Oversize]
Last page of this... I don't even know what to say. It's laughable. A rival software developer has a discussion with some random idiot in a PM discussion about Kier. Now it's part of the case against XenForo...

I highly doubt Matt wanted to be part of this, yet he has been thrown into it by some no life attention seeking idiot.

I guess he deserves it for being so foolish.

I haven't read all the files of this case and this isn't a legal opinion, but vB must have a really weak argument if this is the sort of stuff they have to rely on.

Can the barrel get any deeper? I wonder because this is really unprecedented stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom