California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a retraction of what I posted here.

I made a very bad error, something I saw looked very familiar and it became a false memory. I made this post thinking what I was saying was completely true but I may have made a false accusation and a misquote.

I had already said that I was wrong but someone messages me that the content that I was retracting might alarm some people so I am removing the content.

I will state it looks like I made a big error.

I am considered a Troll on vB's forum. It is the only place I have ever been considered a troll. I am not sure why I post over there, it seems I just can't help myself, when I am in there I just get angry and have to say something. I need to learn to keep some of my opinions to myself.
I'm unable to learn this

THE HELL!?!?! WHY THOSE SCOUNDRELS! Going after guys like Colin and Mert!! :( MAN they have no shame!! :(
If I were these guys, who aren't running a company and only individuals living outside the US, then I would make them come to my country by ignoring all there American legal notices... because that is when jurisdiction is tossed out the window and extremely difficult to enforce across borders.

I would make them come to my country, my countries courts, thus my countries laws... if named as an individual in these proceedings.

A company is vastly different to an individual.

vBulletin can add me for all I care, i'd even represent myself.

Then i'd tell the judge EXACTLY why I am moving away from VB.
I would never represent myself. I've always heard it said that a man who represents himself has a fool for a client. I don't know that its necessarily true, but it does seem like logic and law aren't necessarily compatible and I doubt I would do well in the bizzaro universe.

I made a post that I thought was entirely true but found out it was not. I should have been much more careful.

Smiley_Poke.gif

:ROFLMAO:

That's the bottom line.

It's cold comfort (and this thread will probably be 10,000 pages long by then), but those other guys will end up footing the bill for the tremendous amounts of money currently being wasted on this.

In the end the only real winners will be the attorneys.
Yup....loss is loss and wasting is always losing whether it's money or time...things without reason are also a waste of time.

That said...I would like to XF's legal team in 1st to a far distant runner-up...that I can live with and forget about.

That's the bottom line.
It's cold comfort (and this thread will probably be 10,000 pages long by then), but those other guys will end up footing the bill for the tremendous amounts of money currently being wasted on this.
In the end the only real winners will be the attorneys.
There is an old lawyer joke that sums this up.

An attorney in Texas decides to bring his son to the office to show the kid what he does. An old man walks in to the office and asks to speak to the attorney about a problem he has. He says:

"My name is Domingo. I worked for a man named Rodriguez for 20 years in my village. He says to me that in exchange for my service, he will give me all the cows on the farm when he dies. His son Montana refuses to give me the cows."

The attorney responds: "By the end of the day, we'll have those cows!"

The old man thanks the attorney and leaves. About 2 hours later a well dressed young man walks in and asks to speak to the attorney. He says:

"My name is Montana. My father had a man Domingo who worked for him for 20 years and says that he owns all the cows on our farm. This is not true. The cows are mine."

After the man thanks the attorney and leaves, the confused son turns to his father and asks him to explain what is going on. His father turns to him and says:

"Son, by the end of the day, we'll have those cows!"

There is an old lawyer joke that sums this up.

An attorney in Texas decides to bring his son to the office to show the kid what he does. An old man walks in to the office and asks to speak to the attorney about a problem he has. He says:

"My name is Domingo. I worked for a man named Rodriguez for 20 years in my village. He says to me that in exchange for my service, he will give me all the cows on the farm when he dies. His son Montana refuses to give me the cows."

The old man thanks the attorney and leaves. About 2 hours later a well dressed young man walks in and asks to speak to the attorney. He says:

"My name is Montana. My father had a man Domingo who worked for him for 20 years and says that he owns all the cows on our farm. This is not true. The cows are mine."

After the man thanks the attorney and leaves, the confused son turns to his father and asks him to explain what is going on. His father turns to him and says:

"Son, by the end of the day, we'll have those cows!"
lal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom