California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, reading through the documents a bit it is clear that Grace law understands the guys, the company, the technology enough, and the situation very well.

Best of luck, *again*

So what exactly happens now.

On the 17th the judge can dismiss with or without prejudice or allow it to go to trail?

If it goes to trail by jury I assume there will be time for jury selection, how long does it usually take to get a jury in place? Would three days be a good guess?

Then there is a trail date set?

There is a huge amount of information I think the jurors are going to need in order them to have an understand of what is going one. I suspect that will take several days?

What happens when the trail comes and it so happens that IB people refuse to take the stand? Can the judge end it right there or will the jury still decide?

Just trying to get an idea of what will be happening.

October 17th is the date of the hearing for Plaintiff's motion for leave to amend the complaint (to add new claims and new defendants)

November 7th is the date of the hearing for Defendants' motion for summary judgement.

November 29th is the date of the trial as currently scheduled.

October 17th is the date of the hearing for Plaintiff's motion for leave to amend the complaint (to add new claims and new defendants)

November 7th is the date of the hearing for Defendants' motion for summary judgement.

November 29th is the date of the trial as currently scheduled.

Thanks for the information. I know you guys have to be wanting this over with.

I mean... not to be "that guy"...you know the one who just...doesn't...get...it....but

Does anyone need a year to be aware of exactly what they would like to formally accuse someone of...I mean to me what I quoted reads like they are asking for a continuance?
Is that right, or am I misunderstanding it?

I bet someone with a legal background will respond to this question. Don't feel bad for not getting it, I don't either.

I mean... not to be "that guy"...you know the one who just...doesn't...get...it....but

Does anyone need a year to be aware of exactly what they would like to formally accuse someone of...I mean to me what I quoted reads like they are asking for a continuance?
Is that right, or am I misunderstanding it?

Well I don't feel bad...well I do but not for myself...and not about some words...

I am genuinely concerned for all that it effects though... (I have to cut my sentence here before I get all mushy on everyone, so i will just delete the last two paragraphs. )

Well I don't feel bad...well I do but not for myself...and not about some words...

I am genuinely concerned for all that it effects though... (I have to cut my sentence here before I get all mushy on everyone, so i will just delete the last two paragraphs. )

I am very concerned about it too. I really don't want to see XenForo damaged, I know that a lot of time and expense has been lost by the guys. It is a shame that all of this has happened.

Let's tone it down on the rhetoric. If we can keep this a civilised discussion it can remain, but personal insults or aspersions, and denigration of vBulletin in general is not okay.

Can Brogan, Fred and myself still compare our E-peens by using Scottish Innuendos, though? Cause I was about to whip out me Haggis.

We all feel for XenForo and the guys, I'm sure. :)

Over this year or so, the guys have been developing software, releasing immaculate versions for us all, listening to our feedback / rants / complaints and facing these crappy lawsuits as well. I believe there must be much much more going on as well of which we have no clue, and that is apart from their family and personal lives.

The least we can do is try to keep their spirits up. If we feel bad about this whole situation, I'm sure that they must feel ten times worse, partly because of being directly involved in the lawsuits and partly because of the direction their own product (once upon a time) is taking.

Good luck Kier, Mike and Ashley! We all showed our support for you a year back and now that hopefully things are coming to some sort of conclusion (hopefully the best for you guys), we're still here to buck you up. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom