Calendar?

DoctorWatsOn

Is it me being stupid and missing something, or is there no calendar?
hmm.gif

I collect $$$ from my advertisers to post events on my calendar.
My members use the calendar to see whats hot this week.
People can 'attend' the event and the event poster (my advertiser) can print out a list of people coming to the event in 1 click.

Everybody's happy.
Me with $$
advertiser getting his money's worth
my members getting a quick glance of whats good to do this week and get on the vip.

You cant see whats going on this week organized neatly in calendar format that we all grew up with by going into a xenforo page.

we're talking about recurring events that Id need to be editing this xF page every few hours etc.

It would be really good to have multiple calendars as an option, not just a single one. Our forum would use it for event management and a reminder system but due to the diversity of the user groups it was neither practical nor desirable to have everything on one calendar.

Since our recent move from vB to xF, it has been one of the most requested components to be re-instated that went during the transition.

Thanks for those links, I have had a look at most, not sure about funding specific development. We had done this in vB for several of our mods that were key to our operation and found that maintenance through upgrades became a complete nightmare when the mods did not work and the developers were either no longer supporting the product or had vanished altogether.

We are now only 2 weeks live with xF, and are taking it easy with modifications to see how we can limit our customisation without killing our user experience and killing our Moderators/Admins workflow and workload.

Having this functionality in core would be great.

At the moment we are looking at google drive integration as a potential alternative solution.

Top Bottom