Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Please read this thread: http://xenmods.com/threads/syndols-addons.248/

When I took over the add-ons from Syndol, I implemented a yearly renewal fee. As such, you have to buy a new license through my site. Since you had a license before, you get a discount on the purchase (roughly 50%). Hope you understand.

You should see the discount reflected immediately when adding the product to your cart. If you already had it in your cart, please empty your cart and add it again as I have just put you in the correct user group.

Please read this thread: http://xenmods.com/threads/syndols-addons.248/

When I took over the add-ons from Syndol, I implemented a yearly renewal fee. As such, you have to buy a new license through my site. Since you had a license before, you get a discount on the purchase (roughly 50%). Hope you understand.

You should see the discount reflected immediately when adding the product to your cart. If you already had it in your cart, please empty your cart and add it again as I have just put you in the correct user group.

What?? No, I don't understand. Sucks, frankly.

What?? No, I don't understand. Sucks, frankly.
Renewal fees are crucial for development. Without them, after the initial wave of purchases, there just isn't enough money coming in to justify spending time developing new features. I'm sorry you feel it sucks.

Renewal fees are crucial for development. Without them, after the initial wave of purchases, there just isn't enough money coming in to justify spending time developing new features. I'm sorry you feel it sucks.

I'll consider this after I consider whether I can do without this add-on. The "recurring fee" business model is a deterrent for me. My order of preference for add-ons is probably similar to anyone else's. I consider (1) those that are free, vetted, and provide a useful function, (2) those that provide a very useful function but cost something, and (3) those that require a recurring payment (those have to be really, really vital, and I'm not sure bookmarks is). So if you're not getting many new users, the business model could be at fault.

That said, your site is anything but easy to order from. First, the "Add to Cart" button has a color that blends in with the background, making it very easy to miss (frustrating #1). Second, once you've figured out how to add something to the cart, there's no obvious way to find the cart! Egads. All of this gives me further pause.

(I should send you a bill for my feedback, but I won't. ;) )

I'll consider this after I consider whether I can do without this add-on. The "recurring fee" business model is a deterrent for me. My order of preference for add-ons is probably similar to anyone else's. I consider (1) those that are free, vetted, and provide a useful function, (2) those that provide a very useful function but cost something, and (3) those that require a recurring payment (those have to be really, really vital, and I'm not sure bookmarks is).
I understand, I'm pretty sure that's how people shop for anything. Finding the most cost effective way to get what you want. Majority of the add-ons that stay active are paid and have a renewal fee. There are exceptions obviously but it's a fact. The add-on developers that are professional developers, aren't doing this as a hobby and therefore want to be compensated for their time. The ones releasing free add-ons or even under a non-renewal method are either: hobbyists or developing for their own community and just releasing their work to be nice. I don't have my own community that I'm developing for and I am not a hobbyist (although I do enjoy it). Like any other business, I take features and ideas for products that I think people want, I develop them, then I recoup my costs through sales and renewals. If it doesn't sell and it doesn't get renewed, then obviously I was wrong about how much people want it. The business model isn't flawed.

That said, your site is anything but easy to order from. First, the "Add to Cart" button has a color that blends in with the background, making it very easy to miss (frustrating #1). Second, once you've figured out how to add something to the cart, there's no obvious way to find the cart! Egads. All of this gives me further pause.
The theme is new, it was installed yesterday. I'll get that block with the add to cart button fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

(I should send you a bill for my feedback, but I won't. ;) )
Not sure what kind of world you live in where you think you -should- ever send a bill for unsolicited opinions but thanks for sparing me.

Hi @Daniel Hood

This should not exceed the limit set in the options.

What if I have this option set at "0" ?

Anything will exceed zero lol

Also, if a member is in a user group that allows 20 bookmarks, but then they go from that group to another one that only allows 10 bookmarks, will 10 of their bookmarks be removed?

Thank you

Last edited:
would this show the 1st image of a thread instead of profile pic when you have bd image installed?

Top Bottom