• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] WordPress Proxy

xfrocks i have some issues and i have read this topic but i still do not understand why i have the issue can you explain the following.

I have installed as folowing
Xenforo at /
Wordpress is installed at /wp

I can see the link in Xenforo and when i press it i see the blog entry that Wordpress made this is how it should be. But all the links in there are still linking to the actual Wordpress install and not as in your screenshots that it stays inside XenForo. The links i get is /wp/?p=1 for the header and comments are /wp/?p=1#comments how can i make it like your screenshot.

The Wordpress config says about URL the following:

Wordpress Adderes: http://domain.tld/wp
Address of Website: http://domain.tld

I must say its real nice to see this add-on it makes XF much better.

It seems there is a problem with the route prefix. When I change it to something other than the actual blog location it doesn't recognize any of the themes, plugins that it has before. Even when I turn everything off and change to the default theme proxy feature doesn't work anymore.

After nearly two weeks of waiting I've given up
frown.png
. At least a decent ye/no answer would suffice.

Oh thats why, no problem then. The addon works if the blog url matches the proxy path. But otherwise it no longer remembers any addon, theme (even the default one)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/library-set-your-own-route-controller-as-homepage.10156/page-3

Shadab wrote something about this on his resource thread.
As far as I understand what Shadab wrote (here), it's another problem (with global variables). I think you want to make the proxy as the home page for your XenForo? That's another thing. I really hope Mike and Kier will waive their magic wand to provide us a good solution, we should just wait for that

PS: I will fix the variable scope problem asap

As far as I understand what Shadab wrote (here), it's another problem (with global variables). I think you want to make the proxy as the home page for your XenForo? That's another thing. I really hope Mike and Kier will waive their magic wand to provide us a good solution, we should just wait for that

PS: I will fix the variable scope problem asap

It was working before and after wordpress's recent changes It stopped working. Now the proxy's Route Prefix has to match the actual blog path or it doesn't work even I disable all the addons (which were working before) and swich to the default theme.

It was working before and after wordpress's recent changes It stopped working. Now the proxy's Route Prefix has to match the actual blog path or it doesn't work even I disable all the addons (which were working before) and swich to the default theme.
I misunderstood you at some point. Can you please start a conversation with me and provide me your site so I can come by and check it out? To keep this thread clean, you know :D

Hmm, okay I will try it again. I did install it once, but I ended up with a XF admincp error. Are all the files required in this thread? I was confused slightly by the WP/XF bridge thread.

Hmm, okay I will try it again. I did install it once, but I ended up with a XF admincp error. Are all the files required in this thread? I was confused slightly by the WP/XF bridge thread.

You probably didn't installed the plugin for WordPress. You have to install that first as I stated in the first post. Sorry if I made you confused :D You can get the plugin here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-bridge.5398/

After installing that plugin in WordPress, you can install this addon in XenForo.

Good luck.

I was wondering if this is possible. I want to have my blog as the homepage and my forum under forum, but have my own theme for the blog and my forum theme for the forum. The reason I want this is to Pushing published post and approved comment to XenForo's News Feed, but without having my wordpress in my forum theme.

I was wondering if this is possible. I want to have my blog as the homepage and my forum under forum, but have my own theme for the blog and my forum theme for the forum. The reason I want this is to Pushing published post and approved comment to XenForo's News Feed, but without having my wordpress in my forum theme.

Yes, it's possible.

Top Bottom