• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] WordPress Proxy

xfrocks

[bd] WordPress Proxy 2.3.1

[FEATURES]
1. Same and unified user interface for both XenForo and WordPress content
2. Custom mapping is possible via CSS. You can make WordPress textbox look like XenForo's textbox: Edit template "bdwpp.css", go inside the hook (named bdwpp_css), it's at the end of the template, the syntax is very simple:
[CODE}
#wordpress-proxy input[type=text] {
.textCtrl
}
[/CODE]
3. Completely routing WordPress via XenForo (you have to enable the setting in WordPress)
4. Supports 3 routing mode. You can now use WordPress as your homepage and even get rid of the Home tab is you want to.
5. Allow moderators to promote threads to WordPress
6. Document is available in the package (docs directory). People who wants to customize the theme will need to look at the bdWordPressProxy_TemplateHelper class

[INSTALLATION]

*. You must have the WordPress Bridge plugin installed on WordPress before using this addon.
1. Upload all files/directories under upload to XenForo's root
2. Import addon xml file
3. Go to XenForo AdminCP > Home > Options > WordPress Proxy. Change the route prefix if you want. Update the WordPress path

[TEMPLATE EDIT]
All the edits are optional, read the instruction of each edit to know what it does.

Edit 1: Promote link for the first post of a thread (let moderator promote it directly to WordPress). Number of templates: 01
Template Name: post
Find:
HTML:
				<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/report, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a></xen:if>
Insert after:
HTML:
				<xen:include template="bdwpp_post" />
Edit 1: Done.

You are ready to go now.

XenForo rocks! Contact me for more cool stuff: pony@xfrocks.com

Note: You will HAVE to install XenForo plugin for WordPress to use this. If you want to share database connection between the 2 systems, use the XenForo DB plugin for WordPress (attached below). Demo can be seen here: http://xfrocks.com (currently a mess but you can get the point)

Attachments

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes for this.

Mr. President gives you a big wet kiss for this. :D

Uploaded the files, tried installing the xml file, all I got was Error - no other message than that, looked in the server error logs, nothing there either.

Tried installing it in developer mode to see if I might get a useful error message, alas only what I got before.

Already had the DB plugin for wordpress installed.

Uploaded the files, tried installing the xml file, all I got was Error - no other message than that, looked in the server error logs, nothing there either.

Tried installing it in developer mode to see if I might get a useful error message, alas only what I got before.

Already had the DB plugin for wordpress installed.

+1. All we get is "Error".

Got the following error when I tried to put my path in. Used the absolute path so it was definitely correct.

Perhaps I need to reinstall the WP plugin???

You just need to install the latest version of the WordPress plugin as it's required

OK, downloaded that and installed it. Put in the Wordpress path, that went all ok too. However, when I went to Blog on the main menu, got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getLayout() on a non-object in /home/ ... /public_html/xf/wp/wp-content/themes/constructor/functions.php on line 183

Top Bottom