• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested, works fine ;)

other_003_porta.webp

Simply enter the template name in the position box (it is "EWRporta_Portal"):

other_005_porta.webp

ok, so one cannot simply put 'forum_list, EWRporta_Portal' in the position, they have to actually redo all the sidebar widgets.
one problem is that the ones that are most useful, staff online, members online, and board statistics, cannot be used anywhere but the forum home. is there a way around that?
one could disable 'clear sidebar', but then one cannot adjust the ordering...

also: is there a way to link the widget title? the original users online title links to the currently online page, while there doesnt seem to be a way to achieve this using the wf counterpart.

I don't see the Donations widget when I check Templates -> List Widgets. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for the Threads widgets, it would be nice to be able to turn that off for specific forums.

ok, so one cannot simply put 'forum_list, EWRporta_Portal' in the position, they have to actually redo all the sidebar widgets.
one problem is that the ones that are most useful, staff online, members online, and board statistics, cannot be used anywhere but the forum home. is there a way around that?
one could disable 'clear sidebar', but then one cannot adjust the ordering...

also: is there a way to link the widget title? the original users online title links to the currently online page, while there doesnt seem to be a way to achieve this using the wf counterpart.
They can be done in other pages too but the idea behind those widgets are: they don't run any queries, they just use the information prepared for the forum_list and display it accordingly. I don't have plan to rewrite those stuff to get them run on other page as I don't think many people will use it. Seriously, why do you want to see the list of members online on all page?

I don't see the Donations widget when I check Templates -> List Widgets. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for the Threads widgets, it would be nice to be able to turn that off for specific forums.
That widget is available in the next release. It's not here yet as I'm still working on it.

holy smokes this is awesome and should be a core feature!
I thought exactly the same. Kier and Mike definitely will implement this in a more awesome way if they add it. Can't wait for that :D

I posted a reply

They can be done in other pages too but the idea behind those widgets are: they don't run any queries, they just use the information prepared for the forum_list and display it accordingly. I don't have plan to rewrite those stuff to get them run on other page as I don't think many people will use it. Seriously, why do you want to see the list of members online on all page?
well, that is the default portal action, to mimic the forum_list widgets. why wouldnt i want the option of listing all online members on any given page? its about uniformity. its about choice. this mod becomes less useful if it doesnt allow one to place widgets on the pages they choose.

That widget is available in the next release. It's not here yet as I'm still working on it.

Sorry to bug you again, but do you mean the Donations widget, or the ability to exclude specific forums from the threads widget?

(IF the latter, could I suggest to please please please use a listbox control, rather than a textbox where one has to add all the individual ID numbers?)

Sorry to bug you again, but do you mean the Donations widget, or the ability to exclude specific forums from the threads widget?

(IF the latter, could I suggest to please please please use a listbox control, rather than a textbox where one has to add all the individual ID numbers?)
I meant both of them. The Donations widget is added. The threads widget is improved significantly: new option, use the global tabbed interface instead of handling tabs itself, etc. :D

well, that is the default portal action, to mimic the forum_list widgets. why wouldnt i want the option of listing all online members on any given page? its about uniformity. its about choice. this mod becomes less useful if it doesnt allow one to place widgets on the pages they choose.
Talking about choice, currently I have other plan to stick with. So fully working forum_list widget version won't be done soon. Anyway, the code for those widget can be found in XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index, if you are a developer, you can get the idea and make a widget yourself :D It's fun

Any chance those 'Forum List Only' widgets will ever be made globally usable? (I'm thinking stats and who's online)

Well, it will be in the next version ;)

Would it be possible to have the Users Online Now widget, linked to the users online list? Having the "Users Online Now" text linked to the users online list would be nice. :) This is a great mod, thanks for putting it out! Also, is there a chance of a jaxel media widget?

would it be technically possible to create a group of widgets, then assign them as a group to multiple templates?
or perhaps list multiple templates in the position field?
if so, is this functionality that you may add in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom