• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use XFShout, from DBTech. I like the integration a bit better, but I think it would be hard to use it on the sidebar as it's meant to be displayed across the page.
I do have a question though: Would it be possible to edit the widgets themselves without too much of a problem?
Only reason I'm asking is because I would like to merge the "New" "Recent" and "Top Poster" to be all on the same tabbed section. I just haven't taken a look at the coding and don't really want to mess with it if it can't be without a lot of work.

what is the function of the checkbox? i expected it to activate/deactivate like the 'list addons' checkbox, but instead it links to the 'edit widget' page.

how would one get this working on jaxels portal page? including 'EWRporta_Portal' in the position doesnt work.

Both New and Recent are showing results from the moderation queue, and continue's to do so after a delete.

Those sections show posts on a permission based system, meaning if you can see it, it will show up there. Even though they are in the moderation queue, they are still posted on the board. If you deleted then, you may have to rebuild your cache on the server, but I'm not 100% sure that will do it for the side bar (they were cached by the widget).

Those sections show posts on a permission based system, meaning if you can see it, it will show up there. Even though they are in the moderation queue, they are still posted on the board. If you deleted then, you may have to rebuild your cache on the server, but I'm not 100% sure that will do it for the side bar (they were cached by the widget).
That's correct except one thing: When you delete a post, the cache for the related widget will be cleared. The same for users.
Anyway, I will put extra condition to prevent moderating items, that makes more sense

not a fan of having every available widget automatically enabled on install.
Nope, most of the widgets are not enabled by default. The enabled widgets are the ones mimic XenForo's core sidebar widgets

(...)
Nope, most of the widgets are not enabled by default. The enabled widgets are the ones mimic XenForo's core sidebar widgets

All of the widgets were active when I installed it on mine (New, Recent, Top Poster, etc.)

And thank you for clearing that up, up there.

Nice
biggrin.png
@xfrocks, rocks!

That's correct except one thing: When you delete a post, the cache for the related widget will be cleared. The same for users.
Anyway, I will put extra condition to prevent moderating items, that makes more sense

Thank You xfrocks this is much appreciated

Hi xfrocks, I've installed the addon. The tabbed elements looks a bit odd:

caps.webp

Is there any css modifications we could make for Flexile ? Thanks.

Hi xfrocks, I've installed the addon. The tabbed elements looks a bit odd:

View attachment 10295

Is there any css modifications we could make for Flexile ? Thanks.
Probably that style customized something special for XenForo's tabs. The widget makes use of original XenForo's CSS with very little change (color and padding only). You may want to play with wf_default.css for that particular style.

How would one change the three tabbed thread widget to a three tabbed, threads & posts widget?
You will be able to do that in the next release ;) Actually, you can combine almost any widgets into 1 tabbed widget :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom