BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
I updated to latest version 2.5.0

Everything is working except... I cant edit the bbcodes, or edit the buttons. If i click there i get this text...

The connection to the server was reset while loading the page.

Maybe the website being temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few moments.
Check your network if you can load. No page
Make sure that Firefox has access to the web, your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy server.

Before the update everything was functioning perfect.

@Cees50
In this section the code has almost not changed (ref - from line 168). You can try to upload again the files. You can also check the XenForo error log to find if something is wrong (the error you give doesn't help), you can also contact your host so it gives you the source of the error.

@cclaerhout

I get a load of errors. This is one of them
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: redactor_image_url - library/BBM/Model/BbCodes.php:448

Stack Trace

#0 /home/**/domains/**.nl/public_html/library/BBM/Model/BbCodes.php(448): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/**...', 448, Array)
#1 /home/**/domains/**.nl/public_html/library/BBM/ControllerAdmin/BbCodes.php(805): BBM_Model_BbCodes->exportFromIds(Array)
#2 /home/**/domains/**.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): BBM_ControllerAdmin_BbCodes->actionBulkExport()
#3 /home/**/domains/**.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/**/domains/**.nl/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Aanvraagstatus

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://**.nl/admin.php?bbm-bbcodes/bulk-export"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["bbm-bbcodes/bulk-export"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["bbcode_list"] => array(30) {
      [0] => string(2) "27"
      [1] => string(1) "7"
      [2] => string(1) "8"
      [3] => string(1) "9"
      [4] => string(2) "10"
      [5] => string(2) "11"
      [6] => string(2) "12"
      [7] => string(2) "13"
      [8] => string(2) "14"
      [9] => string(1) "1"
      [10] => string(1) "2"
      [11] => string(2) "15"
      [12] => string(2) "16"
      [13] => string(2) "28"
      [14] => string(1) "3"
      [15] => string(1) "4"
      [16] => string(1) "6"
      [17] => string(1) "5"
      [18] => string(2) "17"
      [19] => string(2) "18"
      [20] => string(2) "19"
      [21] => string(2) "30"
      [22] => string(2) "29"
      [23] => string(2) "20"
      [24] => string(2) "21"
      [25] => string(2) "22"
      [26] => string(2) "23"
      [27] => string(2) "24"
      [28] => string(2) "25"
      [29] => string(2) "26"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

I put the files of 2.2.0 back and the errors went away. Its functioning now. (execpt the buttonsmanager. I have to made a new conifguration its says.) I didnt do a bulk export. even if its an error.

@Cees50
First to sum up, in your first message, you were referring to the Bb Codes options page that couldn't be loaded. Then in your last message, the error is triggered from the xml export function that is available in the Bb Codes List.

The second error probably shows that a column is missing in the database. I can try to do an install on a clean website, but it seems you have an error during the addon install. So you can try to edit the addon information (you probably need to use the debug mode for this) and change the version number to 22. Then reinstall the xml.

Tried it, didnt work. There are no add ons new on the board, if i go to options, its said that there is no editor available???

editor.webp

@Cees50
Could you please keep one problem after one. What didn't work?
  • You still can't access to the Bb Codes Options page? Did you get the error related to this page?
  • You still can't export a Bb Code?
For the editor configuration, if you're on XenForo 1.1.x and only have the LTR/RTL default editor configs, it's possible that no bbm editor (custom ones) available.

Hi,
Thanks for youre help..

- I m running on the latest xf release
- I couldnt get the button manager working in 2.5.0 or couldnt edit the excisting bbcodes
- I never did an bulk export, so i dont know where the error came from

I did an clean install on my testsite and there its working great. (i have there the Tinymce editor) On my board i use the redactor editor.

What i did so far:

In debug changed the release version of bbm in 2.1.0
Then uploaded the addon release version 2.5.0 to my board
Did an upgrade
Didnt worked, i got the same result that the button manager got the screen i meantioned above (the connection error)

Then i copied the files from version 2.2.0 to my server over the 2.5.0 version
Things are working now, but get that strange screen that says that i have no editor, even Refractor doesnt show up.

(Tried an bulkexport and then i got a lot of errors. The same as i mentioned above.)

The editor on my board is functioning ok.

The Bulk export only shows that some columns are missing inside the database.

In debug changed the release version of bbm in 2.1.0
Then uploaded the addon release version 2.5.0 to my board

1. Try to put 3 as version id. Import the 2.5.0 xml file. (I presume the 2.5.0 files are already on your server).
    changeid.webp
  2. Check in phpMyAdmin the bbm & bbm_buttons tables. Their should look like this.
    bbmTable.webp bbmTableButtons.webp
  3. If all fields are there, the xml export function should not have any problem. Make a backup of all your Bb Codes.
    If some fields/columns are missing, manualy recreate them (this shouldn't not happen with the change id version trick).
  4. If you still can't access the Bb Code options page and don't have any trace of this error in the log , contact your host and ask him more about this specific error.

YEAH!!!!

Thanks Cédric. It was the first solution. Put a 3 as version id and then imported the xml file. Working fine again Many thanks (y)

Hmmmm... I've also found a "The connection to the server was reset while loading the page." error when I try to load "admin.php?bbm-bbcodes/add" in Firefox. I get similar errors in other browsers. For example, in Chrome, I get "No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE."

Interestingly, I don't get the same error with my test server running on localhost. I recently upgraded the addon from version 2.3.2 to version 2.5.1, so my main/production server is running 2.5.1, but my local test server is still running 2.3.2.

I have to confess that I didn't quite follow what @Cees50 did, above, to fix his error, but I will investigate tomorrow and provide more information. In the meantime, I just thought I'd give a heads up that I'm getting a similar error.

@ForestForTrees
If you find anything, please keep me inform, I've just tried on a blank install to upgrade from 2.3.0 to the last one and all works fine. I've also checked if I made an error with the version number to update the sql tables, but all seems good. To fix the error Cees50 proceed to the step 1 of this post.

Coming in the next release:
  • TinyMCE Quattro Buttons Helper
    To select a button, the previous system was not visual. Let's fix it.
    • XenForo set
      xenSet.webp
    • TinyMCE set
      mceSet.webp
  • XenForo Redactor Buttons Helper
    To select XenForo Redactor buttons, the previous system was visual... but extremely annoying: we needed to scroll the sprite for hours. Let's fix it.
    redactorHelper.webp
    (a click on the icon will preselect the icon)

cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.2 released

Version 2.5.2 released
  • New UI for several parts of the buttons section:
      View attachment 64657
    • Buttons section have been reorganised
    • The TinyMCE Quattro button options will only...

Read the rest of this update entry...

cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.2 released

Version 2.5.2 released
  • New UI for several parts of the buttons section:
      View attachment 64657
    • Buttons section have been reorganised
    • The TinyMCE Quattro button options will only display if the addon is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@ForestForTrees
If you find anything, please keep me inform, I've just tried on a blank install to upgrade from 2.3.0 to the last one and all works fine. I've also checked if I made an error with the version number to update the sql tables, but all seems good. To fix the error Cees50 proceed to the step 1 of this post.
Hello @cclaerhout!
I very like your addon, thanx for your job!
But I have the same issue :( I see the message - Maybe the website being temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few moments.... when i trying to edit the bbcodes, or edit the buttons.
I have tried to use all of your advices from above , but nothing helps.
Have you any additional variants to decide this problem?
BBM Version 2.5.2
Xenforo 1.2.4

Hello @cclaerhout!
I very like your addon, thanx for your job!
But I have the same issue :( I see the message - Maybe the website being temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few moments.... when i trying to edit the bbcodes, or edit the buttons.
I have tried to use all of your advices from above , but nothing helps.
Have you any additional variants to decide this problem?
BBM Version 2.5.2
Xenforo 1.2.4
As I've said, if the problem still goes one, contact your host to have the source of the error. It's not possible to debug with such a message. I've tested on three live boards and 2 dev boards and I can't reproduce it.

Edit: if he doesn't find anything, contact me by pm with an admin access to your board and a ftp access to the BBM library.

Last edited:
Top Bottom