BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
Is it possible to set specific options within a bbcode, instead of just listing them?

For example:

[x=1 y=2 z=3][/x]

Is it possible to set specific options within a bbcode, instead of just listing them?

For example:

[x=1 y=2 z=3][/x]
The opening tag and the closing tag must be the same, then come the options where you can do what you want to do.

[eq=x:1 y:2 z:3][/eq]
Just use some basic regex (or any other solutions) to detect inside the tag options x, y & z and then get their appropriate values.

On the 'Editor button' tab, I'm entering something in the 'Tag options' but this isn't getting added to the code when I use the button.

Does this only work with TinyMCE? Or should it work with Redactor as well?

On the 'Editor button' tab, I'm entering something in the 'Tag options' but this isn't getting added to the code when I use the button.

Does this only work with TinyMCE? Or should it work with Redactor as well?
It only works with TinyMCE. You will have to request this feature to XenForo developers. Their framework for Redactor will have to be updated to include a tag options setting inside their config.buttonsCustom function (see the full source of the file bb_code_edit.js, close to line 345).

Error
PHP:
Exception: call_user_func(::renderTagUrl) [<a href='function.call-user-func'>function.call-user-func</a>]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback - library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:646
Generated By: Unknown Account, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, Array, Array, Object(BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#1 /home2/john/public_html/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#2 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#3 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#4 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#6 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#7 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('Yo,? ?I want to...')
#8 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#9 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#10 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#11 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#12 /home2/john/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Error
PHP:
Exception: call_user_func(::renderTagUrl) [<a href='function.call-user-func'>function.call-user-func</a>]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback - library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:646
Generated By: Unknown Account, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, Array, Array, Object(BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#1 /home2/john/public_html/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#2 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#3 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#4 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#6 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#7 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('Yo,? ?I want to...')
#8 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#9 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#10 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#11 /home2/john/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#12 /home2/john/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Since the line of code is very basic and shouldn't create any error (check line 546) and since I'm on a tablet, you will have to provide more information by yourself (you can try to debug with dumping functions arguments both in the official formatter and the extended one. I will look tomorrow what the line 646 of the xenforo formatter requires exactly. If php version is 5.2.x it might require a similar fix than the one described in the FAQ.

Since the line of code is very basic and shouldn't create any error (check line 546) and since I'm on a tablet, you will have to provide more information by yourself (you can try to debug with dumping functions arguments both in the official formatter and the extended one. I will look tomorrow what the line 646 of the xenforo formatter requires exactly. If php version is 5.2.x it might require a similar fix than the one described in the FAQ.
I think you hit the nail on the head
PHP Version 5.2.17

This is something I'm not going to ask you to support and rather defer back to having someone update their PHP version.

clear XenForo 1.2.1
I installed this addon, imported one Spoiler BB-code from extras, added button to Redactor in Visual configurator, but button icon is no good.
Any manipulations with button apperance in the bbcode BBM Spoiler give no effect.
By default button apperance settings: "xenforo icon set", code "e02c"
How i can change button apperance ?
spoilerbutton.webp

clear XenForo 1.2.1
I installed this addon, imported one Spoiler BB-code from extras, added button to Redactor in Visual configurator, but button icon is no good.
Any manipulations with button apperance in the bbcode BBM Spoiler give no effect.
By default button apperance settings: "xenforo icon set", code "e02c"
How i can change button apperance ?
View attachment 57138
Almost all the settings are for another editor. To display a button with the default editor, please read here.

I also tried these BBCodes, but there is one problem. The table itself is working, but there are a lot of unnecessary line breaks.

I could disable line breaks for
with the option " Stop conversion of line breaks to HTML line breaks. ", but I need line breaks withing the other elements of the BBCode (Like in the ), but these line breaks should be only inside these BBCodes, not outside of them.

By the way, there is now a full table bb code available inside the TinyMCE Quattro addon with the TinyMCE wysiwyg functions, I'm surprised @ Adam Howard didn't notice it since we had a fight about it a few time ago :rolleyes:.

There is a small text mistake in the ACP:
3) TinyMCE icons set means you will use a font icon from the official TinyMCE font icons set.
4) TinyMCE icons set means you will use a font icon from the XenForo font icons set.

I think XenForo icons set is correct for the fourth entry :)

First step:
TEST Laboratory:
php 5.5.3
mysql 5.5.33
clear installation of XenForo 1.2.2, no other add-ons, no enabled cache in options and config.php

Second step: Install bbm 2.2.0
Third step: Import one "BBM Spoiler" from extras
Fourth step: Setup icon of imported tag as at this picture 01.webp similar as media tag icon
Fifth step: Add icon in Visual redactor (Oficial XenForo editor) as at this picture 02.webp

Result: 03.webp

as i see - not applied background-position from bbm_editor_redactor_autocss

Last edited:
There is a small text mistake in the ACP:

I think XenForo icons set is correct for the fourth entry :)
Thank you. I'm sure there are plenty other mistakes in English too.

Ref.

@fly_indiz

I've tested it again, no problem for me. Here's what you can do:
  1. Reopen the spoiler button to check if values have been correctly saved (database check), if not do it again (the registry might need to be updated).
  2. Since you've found by yourself the template bbm_editor_redactor_autocss, dump the main variable to check its content:
    {xen:helper dump, $bbmCustomCss} before the conditional (preloader template listener check+BBM_Helper_Buttons check)
    About the BBM_Helper_Buttons, the data for css are managed at the end of the function _bakeRedactorParams
  3. Go to the Template Modifications to check if the all modifications are correctly done for this addon, it should not have any red flags (template integration check)
By the way which broswer are you using? The layout of buttons in the BM is ugly. Ok it's Chrome, I will see if I can do something to avoid that. Edit: done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom