Barefooting

Let's reflect a little of the barefoot spirit here :)

OT Description.webp

I'm all for going barefoot except that the winters around here are brutal and when my feet are cold, the rest of me can be all warm and toasty yet I'm still miserable ;) (plus, I don't think my employer would buy into the idea)

I'm all for going barefoot except that the winters around here are brutal and when my feet are cold, the rest of me can be all warm and toasty yet I'm still miserable ;) (plus, I don't think my employer would buy into the idea)

Just dip your feet in anti-freeze, paint on some brogues and Bingo!

I have to admit, frostbite is something I wouldn't want to experience. I suppose this would be one of the dis-advantages of bare footing for long durations. Much like, walking on lava (thinking along the other end of the spectrum) with feet expanding resembling clown feet. Worrying.

Much like, walking on lava

Oh that has just reminded me of another reason not to go barefoot outside here.. in Summer the footpaths get soooo dang hot you have to have asbestos feet to walk on them, and bitumen actually melts, which I remember now as a kid being just so horrible, we would run screaming across roads when we were kids :D

It's Winter here now so I forgot about that lol

I have to admit, frostbite is something I wouldn't want to experience. I suppose this would be one of the dis-advantages of bare footing for long durations.
Weather cold enough to raise the danger of frostbite is usually my cue to rummage around in cupboards until I find some shoes ;)
In Summer the footpaths get soooo dang hot you have to have asbestos feet to walk on them
It rarely gets that hot here, thankfully.

I can't help feeling like VFF's are cheating somehow, but I'm intrigued to know how they feel?

Ohh this is as close to it as you can get. I love them. They feel good and natural. I am sure you will love them once you try on a pair. It is a thin layer. Plus they have all sorts of them for all sorts of stuff. Like for hiking, running, climbing...

Okay, Here's a scenario.

You've just purchase a pair of shoes you've always wanted, you return home only to find them to big. You go back to the shop to change them finding they are out of stock, out of stock in the way discontinued.

Do you temporarily bare foot and walk across hot coals so your feet expand resulting in them fitting? What would you do and would you go to those extremes.

I have seen those five finger shoe things before.. the name makes me giggle, as "five finger discount" was the slang term for shoplifting when I was a kid :p

Okay, Here's a scenario.

You've just purchase a pair of shoes you've always wanted, you return home only to find them to big. You go back to the shop to change them finding they are out of stock, out of stock in the way discontinued.

Do you temporarily bare foot and walk across hot coals so your feet expand resulting in them fitting? What would you do and would you go to those extremes.

LOL erm no! Shoe shopping is like seriously absolute hell for me, I would rather go to the Dentist than go shoe shopping >_< half the time I buy shoes that don't fit or are uncomfortable and end up not wearing them, or giving them away.

Don't go bare footing only if i need to pop into the garage or pick up a heavy parcel that the delivery company can't seem to handle on their own :P. Several reasons I don't go bare footing,

1. you get s*** on your shoe you don't need to worry too much you get it on your foot you need to wash it off and where do you do that?.
2. Needles some times you do need to do down alleys and sometimes a druggy may have left an unsuspecting needle now you accidental tred on it with bare feet you could easily become infected with hiv or who knows what they have.
3. My sexy feet are for my eyes only :)

I like these here. They are as close to bare feet as you can get without exposing them to everything.
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
When I recently went to a theme park I saw someone wearing them. That really kind of peaked my interest in being bare foot. I might actually get those then if they're actually good.

The problem with walking barefoot around here (other than the fact it gets to be quite hot; right now it's 87F and only 11:30am) is that there are things on this ground I would not want to step in: Glass, urine (and other things, as we have a lot of loose dogs here), metal shards, and things like that. So If I can find a good solution to getting as close to walking barefoot without actually exposing my foot to all the dangers around here I'd definitely go for it.

I've already made changes to my diet a couple of years ago and eat as organic as possible, work out a few days a week, now I should just adjust to walking properly. :p

There is a drawback to going barefoot. And I speak as someone who has always gone barefoot wherever possible, even gardening in the face of fire ants. My shoe size has grown from 15 (48) to 17 (52) and my foot is also wider. So if you go barefoot a great deal of the time, you may need new shoes eventually. Fortunately there's Zappo's (at least when I'm in the US).

For years, I've worn Sketchers leather sandals, but in Copenhagen it's too cold for that all the time, so I've got a pair of close-toed Keen sandals, and when it's really cold, Columbia hiking low ankle shoes. They're basically sneakers with a different color scheme and thick sole.

There is a drawback to going barefoot ... My shoe size has grown from 15 (48) to 17 (52) and my foot is also wider.
I'm not sure I'd consider that a drawback as such - it just shows how horribly constrained your feet are in shoes, and demonstrates that the natural state is quite different.

Top Bottom