Resource icon

No permission to download
Well, in today's world it's normal for URLs to not have the http or https used so that browsers are not bound to one access protocol or another. Since XenForo is a modern piece of software I assumed that using the URL without the specific access protocol indication would be acceptable (and perhaps even appropriate.)

It just seems a strange design decision for the "Board URL" entry to require that the access protocol be explicitly defined.

It's much more common for sites to use one or the other.

The recognised // prefix should work too. But unless you want the added confusion of your site being available at two addresses - and do you even have a signed SSL certificate? - you'll be much better off defining it with the correct protocol.

There is a little something that enhances the Avatar Gallery that I will be releasing with Naatan's permission :)

It has been quite a while but I'm curious, did you made those enhancements :P

One thing is I found like 3000 avatars and uploaded them, it takes an aweful lot of time to load them. Anyone have suggestions (besides the obvious one to recude images)?

Hey, for some reason it won't let me add any avatars to the folder in data> avatars.

I can't even set it to 777 for the permissions.

I can set every other folder and file but not this one for some reason.

Any solutions?

Hey, for some reason it won't let me add any avatars to the folder in data> avatars.

I can't even set it to 777 for the permissions.

I can set every other folder and file but not this one for some reason.

Any solutions?

I had this problem, it wouldn't let me change permissions or anything either. I ended up deleting it and making the "avatars" directory myself. I then copied pictures into it, which I could then select from the user's avatar page, but then once I selected the avatar it then gave me a mkdir error, the same one that it was giving me when I was trying to put in an existing directory as the location for avatars. I changed it to 777 permissions (it wants to generate different size versions of the avatars) and it worked.

Last edited:
Awesome Add-on i have one suggestion, Please let everybody know that they need to implement/drag and drop their own Avatart images into the avatar folder. I was actually looking for the pics you show in the Thumbnail and it wasnt only till i read the forum discussion section that i came across you saying you have to add you own pics.

I really like this add-on.

One suggestion would be to tie this to a separate permission block so that users can still select from the gallery even though they do not have rights to upload anything. Right now I am finding my registered users can upload their own Avatars OR select from the ones I have made available to them but if I remove the right for them to upload an Avatar they can not select from the gallery avatars at all.

Any plans on adding the ability to use folders? So I can have a bunch of themed avatars in each sub-folder and can browse them in the gallery?

Sorry how do you set this up? Is it in the back end? I have installed it all ok but can't see where to upload the avatars? Does it comes with the avatars in the description?

Hello
I am also facing permission errors while mdkir (out of /tmp scope)
Other "web upload" scripts behaves OK.
XF 1.4.3

I got this working and just wondering how I would go about categorizing the images into different folders to make it more organize when members go to choose an image?

Top Bottom