XF 1.1 Attachment System Improvements in 1.1

Although you will not have noticed it yet because of the permissions we have currently set here on XenForo.com, there has been work behind the scenes on the attachment system for 1.1...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a thing of beauty! Conversation attachments yeah :)

My users use the XFR User Albums add on a lot. Would those files show up as well?

Thank you for such a wonderful product and making my life way easier.

There is an template edit here called Conversation Attachments that allow people to attach files to PC. After going to XF 1.1 and uninstall this mod, would the old attachments in PC prior to 1.1 still work?

Can't wait for this to be released!

I saw in the video that we can see the host content in the attachment manager, including conversation. So does that mean we can see the members' conversations?

No. Kier said in the video - just attachments.
I think he meant the feature where you can view the posts Via the attachment manager page in the ACP. And since users can upload attachments Via personal conversations, Duydangle is asking if those attached files are displayed in the attachment manager page Via ACP, to click and view the personal conversation ( like with posts ) . I can't remember if it was announced in the video, but I 'think' ( or possibly 'think' I've heard the word "posts" / may be wrong since my memory is fuzzy ) it should only work with posts, but I can't confirm this since I haven't used 1.1 ACP yet ( and too lazy to replay the video ) , lol... :oops:

Okay - I watched the video again. At 3:55 he says you can keep track of what users are doing in PC's as far as attachments are concerned, which makes you think that you can only view/manage the attachment, not the conversation. But when I looked closer, I did see a link to the host content for attachments within the private conversations. Good question!

Anybody else got curious about "Likes Review" and "XenForo.com Forum Enhancements"? :whistle:
Like's review was a test/demo add-on Kier did. The XF.com enhancements, I can only assume are for validation and what not, and it might even be the site...

Excellent! I wouldn't have thought much of this, but just a couple days ago, I had to start a thread here in Test Messages to upload a file since the people I was discussing it with in a conversation couldn't get it through the forum in any other way. I'm getting more excited for 1.1 with each new video, hehe...!

I see that many features are being uncovered by seeing this video and previous ones. In the prefix I think I saw the attachment manager in that video, and I wondered that there will be a new video introducing that features. And I was right ;). I think the attachment manager will have many options, not only just those features in this thread's video.

I think if administrator cannot see the members' conversations' posts through the attachment manager, I think that link of 'host content' in the attachment manager to the conversation should be removed. The reason is administrators can misunderstand why there is a link there because all the information about the attachment (which user uploaded, the date,...) are included in the attachment manager.

This is very good.

Suggestion: File size for the enduser is removed or only displayed on mouseover ("what is a kb?" "oh do I have to check before downloading?" "is this a virus?") .

Top Bottom