XF 1.1 Attachment System Improvements in 1.1

Although you will not have noticed it yet because of the permissions we have currently set here on XenForo.com, there has been work behind the scenes on the attachment system for 1.1...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PERFECT !

questions:
- does this also allow to attach PDF-files within Private Conversations ?
- within the notification E-mail on private conversations, does it say something like "user attached a file" ?

PERFECT !

questions:
- does this also allow to attach PDF-files within Private Conversations ?
- within the notification E-mail on private conversations, does it say something like "user attached a file" ?
  1. Yes, if you allow PDF files to be uploaded to the forum.
  2. Not at this time. It may be something we add later.

Attachment System Improvements in 1.1
(1) AdminCP Attachment Management
- browse attachments of entire forum.
- filter by uploader or date or attachment type (.pdf, .jpg, etc.)
- mass delete options available.
- view most recent attachments
- view largest attachments.
- can go from attachment to content ! (ie. view where this attachment is in the forums).
(2) Add attachments to Personal Conversations.
Excellent !
Ideas:
(1) - filter by name would be helpful (ie. *xenporta*, *blog*, *gallery*).
(2) - easily rename files for better SEO of images / attachments. Mass rename could be very interesting.
I bet google likes an image called jennifer.lopez.bikini.jpg better than untitled-1.jpg.
(3) I wonder if a "replace" function might be helpful.
- let say Jaxel ran a site and he wanted to update the version of XenPorta from 1.45 to 1.46.
- it might be nice to be able to replace the xenPorta.1.45.zip with xenPorta.1.46.zip
(4) Moderators can access attachments to forums they moderate only. (aka forum-specific permission-specific filtering).

Question:
- can I upload files to the Attachment Management section without attaching them to the forum ? (I suspect not).

Is this attachment system available for Moderators also? On large forum this is a must, IMO.
Of course that would only apply to the forums the Moderator is moderating !

The issue is Moderators would have access to EVERY IMAGE attached to ANY Personal Conversation.
Let's say two Admins were attaching images to PCs.
Then 6 months later a Moderator could see the images.
That could be problematic.
If a moderator had that access ... might as well just make them an admin !

Update. A rogue Admin or Moderator could MASS DELETE EVERY ATTACHMENT ?
Whoa. I hope it wouldn't be hard to re-attach them all !!!!!

1) The issue is Moderators would have access to EVERY IMAGE attached to ANY Personal Conversation.
2) A rogue Admin or Moderator could MASS DELETE EVERY ATTACHMENT ?
1) I don't see an issue at all, as it is permissions based. Mods will not have access to conversation attachments unless you want it.
2) There is a soft delete option, for sure. You will be able to restore them in a blink.

On large forums, there is NO WAY I want to maintain this by myself, I want to let the mods do the work also. :)

Top Bottom