Add-on Anyone want to make this chat work for XF?

Sway

I have been looking around for a decent chat addon for my forums that will give my staff the ability to moderate chat, and this seems to be what i'm looking for but it doesn't seem to be available for Xenforo. Maybe one of you can manage to turn this into a Xenforo add-on?

Ajax chat

Edit: I'll see what i can do during my spare time, maybe this will be my first XF add-on attempt (y)

I just need something that people can use with their forum accounts. I don't need another IRC chat add-on because that just causes problems, and it gets spammed. =/

Ask them at Ajax about XF integration.
They have other forum integration so they SHOULD do XF.

Reactions: vVv
The people who created the whole forum integration feature told me to go ask someone that was a bit more familiar with XF, i'll attempt to do this myself... Challenge accepted. :cool:

I have been looking around for a decent chat addon for my forums that will give my staff the ability to moderate chat, and this seems to be what i'm looking for but it doesn't seem to be available for Xenforo. Maybe one of you can manage to turn this into a Xenforo add-on?

Ajax chat

Edit: I'll see what i can do during my spare time, maybe this will be my first XF add-on attempt (y)
I wouldn't host that on my server, Ajax chat are licensed under the GNU Affero license, it basically force you to have the source available to your end users, for free. While I do like GPL, I prefer GPL v2, I think v3 and some variants are too restrictive, Affero being one of the worst offenders.

I wouldn't host that on my server, Ajax chat are licensed under the GNU Affero license, it basically force you to have the source available to your end users, for free. While I do like GPL, I prefer GPL v2, I think v3 and some variants are too restrictive, Affero being one of the worst offenders.
Not sure what you mean there. :o

I could always just make my own version but i can also provide all of this on github correct?
Yeah, that would probably suffice. It's intention is to force everyone to share their copy if they make any changes, free of charge. If you have it on github, it wouldnt pose any real issues.

Yeah, that would probably suffice. It's intention is to force everyone to share their copy if they make any changes, free of charge. If you have it on github, it wouldnt pose any real issues.
Should be a fun project though. I never really did anything like this but i was told if i look at the how it was done on phpbb i shouldn't have a problem.

Should be a fun project though. I never really did anything like this but i was told if i look at the how it was done on phpbb i shouldn't have a problem.
Don't get my hopes up for nothing :(. . . .

I've been waiting for this since xF come out D:!

Good luck though :)

Would even be willing to donate :)!

What about using AddonChat or the chat room functions of CometChat? Both integrate well with Xenforo user profiles.

Well it looks like I may not be able to start working on this for a while because sandy hit me pretty hard, and when I do it's going to be a "when I have spare time" project. :P

Well it looks like I may not be able to start working on this for a while because sandy hit me pretty hard, and when I do it's going to be a "when I have spare time" project. :p
Take your time, I hope you and your family are safe, Sandy hit people really hard :(.

Top Bottom