Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

It's not us talking about it that's stopping them. The staff clearly don't want to give an update for some reason, or we'd have heard long ago, regardless of our conversation. If anything, threads like these would normally spur a company into making some sort of statement, but XF appear to be impervious to any pressure, which is very strange and frustrating. Why they ghost us is a mystery to me.

Only the other day, I tagged all the developers in the now closed thread and made a very polite plea for information, but, as I expected, there was no response. Why didn't they? It's on them, not us, their paying customers.

I made a small query about my XF Cloud by ticket the other day and got a very fast and helpful response, so they're there and listening (and show up in the members online box too) just choosing not to respond in these threads for some reason. I really don't get it.
I think it is because they're equally upset at those of us who need to hold our thoughts.
Both you and i know that we often discuss things on your site.
What we don't do is be disrespectful.
My thoughts is that they don't see the need to because of how argumentative some people are and do not want to openly want to discuss it with us because some of us will probably throttle them.
Brogan shut the other thread due to a known serial internet pest getting stuck into me.
Think it's safe to say he knows how i feel when someone keeps following me around all the time.
What i don't know is if there were any infractions handed out to the guy that followed me around.
They can tell me via an open ticket if they want to discuss it with me.
All i want to know is what new features can i expect from this once it's out.

I’ve just converted one of my smaller XF sites to Wordpress. The forum wasn’t used much anyway, and I was mainly using it with Bob’s AMS and some custom code.

If I do decide to add on a forum in the future, I’ll just use BBpress.

I’m seriously considering in doing something similar with my main site too. It’s not that I’m desperate for new XF features but I do need to be assured that the product has a future, which currently is uncertain

I think it is because they're equally upset at those of us who need to hold our thoughts.
My thoughts is that they don't see the need to because of how argumentative some people are and do not want to openly want to discuss it with us because some of us will probably throttle them.
Brogan shut the other thread due to a known serial internet pest getting stuck into me.
Think it's safe to say he knows how i feel when someone keeps following me around all the time.
What i don't know is if there were any infractions handed out to the guy that followed me around.
I think as we pay for our license, we don’t need to keep our thoughts for ourselves. Obviously something is wrong and the trust in XF as a company is slowly sinking.

I’ve just converted one of my smaller XF sites to Wordpress. The forum wasn’t used much anyway, and I was mainly using it with Bob’s AMS and some custom code.

I’m seriously considering in doing something similar with my main site too. It’s not that I’m desperate for new XF features but I do need to be assured that the product has a future, which currently is uncertain
Good. You can see if your members tell you if they don't like the new software you're using.

Listen to your members. If they tell you to go back to xf then do so.
You might have a better idea.
Also try any free forums such as phpbb and smf.

It all boils down to "how much you are dependent on Xenforo for your revenue". By the way i think everyone with big enough pockets is considering migrating but you need to assure feature parity with your XF board before, for example Discourse is good but not enough.

When you have custom addons is really difficult to change platform and basically the last resort.

Yes.

The first HYS will be available Soon™.

Soon™: Copyright pending 2004-2021 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future.
It’s soon now.

I'm afraid many are going to go this way also or to other solutions (competitive scripts)... we are currently treated like mushrooms.. and many of us spend several hundred dollars a year to support the XF ecosystem.
And yet, we are treated like 1 ply toilet paper that was purchased at CostCo in bulk at a fire-side sale. Do my comments "torque" the XF developers and staff? Probably (and no, I don't care if they do, maybe it will be a wakeup call with all the other negative comments towards them).. but then you have to wonder why a decade plus license holder (and strong proponent of XF) has developed that attitude. THAT should be a major concern of theirs.
All they need to do is simply point their finger out while looking in a mirror... and they will be directly pointing at the ones that are the cause.
The ONLY reason I am currently am staying with XF is NOT what the @XenForo developers deign to grant us... but basically 2 quality add-on developers and a fantastic styler.

Last edited:
A requirement of commitment might have to be made... and they've already stumbled on the recent ones they have given.
Cut your losses while you are ahead.
It's ok, for my modest requirements, the service still works fine despite the situation.

I wouldn't want the headache and expense of migrating my forum to another platform if I can help it and XF remains the sweet spot for the tiny market of forum software out there.

I think as we pay for our license, we don’t need to keep our thoughts for ourselves. Obviously something is wrong and the trust in XF as a company is slowly sinking.
Aussie, what he said. ^^

Seriously, don't be gaslit into thinking this situation with XF is in any way your fault or that of any other customer.

Suggestion... look in the mirror and you will see a central causation of both threads that got shut down... only issue is.. some are smart enough to see that, and then others lack that ability, perferring the "Mirror Mirror on the wall" philososophy..
I'll give the XF staff a few more days to get this site under control... then I'll simply change to a read only mode. Considering the level of staff/developer help that is currently provided... that will be a negative impact for the site (not only for my decision, but others that may decide to do the same).

I’m sure @Grant knows what he is doing, considering he hasn’t got 4 members but 204k members.
Stop giving me crap about my small membership base.
also stop being self centred and entitled. You need to listen to your members because before you know it if you change software you may as well be speaking to yourself.

Aussie, what he said. ^^

Seriously, don't be gaslit into thinking this situation with XF is in any way your fault or that of any other customer.
I'm not gaslighting anyone. I'm telling people to be supportive of the software you have.
Experiment with other sites but do so under different url's so that you don't ruin your main forum.

And exactly what makes you think you know what my members want? 😂
Well, of course because they are the "internet guru" and know all the answers... never mind that most of them are pulled out of a location that most people only wipe after going to the toilet.

Please, don’t give advice.
I wouldn't classify what is given as advice... there is another 6 letter word... but it begins with 'd' and ends with 'l' and sounds somewhat like 'river' in the middle, minus the last letter of that word.

Last edited:
I'm not gaslighting anyone. I'm telling people to be supportive of the software you have.
Experiment with other sites but do so under different url's so that you don't ruin your main forum.
You've got it backwards, please have another read.

I said don't be gaslit into thinking this situation with XF is your fault or that of any other paying customer. You're not doing the gaslighting.

wouldn't want the headache and expense of migrating my forum to another platform if I can help it and XF remains the sweet spot for the tiny market of forum software out there.
But sometimes you you simply have to when you realize that your "core" is on its death throes. I mean really.. over 2 years since a x.Y.z update? We are getting into freeware/shareware release cycles now.

Top Bottom