[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.7

No permission to download
AndrewSimm updated [Andrew] Moderator Panel with a new update entry:

Version 1.7.9

FIXED: Bug where users would be removed from secondary user groups when "Moderated" is left unchecked under user edit. This would occur when moderators attempt to edit users and does not impact admins since user edit is done in the admin panel.
FIXED: Hide "Moderated" under user edit when no moderated user group is selected in the admin panel./

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kudos to @Brettflan for pointing out the issue with secondary user groups and user edit. I recommend everyone update to version 1.7.9 to prevent issues. I can confirm this issue only occurred when the "Moderated" checkbox was left unchecked and a non-admin saved a user edit. This bug is present in versions 1.7.3 - 1.7.8.

Could we add the ability, and corresponding permission, to allow moderators to initiate password resets for users?

This would essentially mirror the "Send password reset" option in the ACP.

1677966221653.png

Edit: spelling

Could we add the ability, and corresponding permission, to allow moderators to initiate password resets for users?

This would essentially mirror the "Send password reset" option in the ACP.

View attachment 282371

Edit: spelling
I am waiting until this summer to release a new 1.X update so I wouldn't expect any new features until May.

As far as your request goes, why does the user not use the forgot password feature? I have literally never clicked that button and I run a big board.

I am waiting until this summer to release a new 1.X update so I wouldn't expect any new features until May.

As far as your request goes, why does the user not use the forgot password feature? I have literally never clicked that button and I run a big board.

Understood, no worries!
Using the forgot password feature is an option for our users but some of them come to us in Discord saying they can't log in and want us to fix it. When this happens I reset their password through the ACP as described, since it doesn't really do anything different than clicking the forgot password button on their behalf. I suppose the better option may be to resolve this with guidance on how to reset their own password (which is the path most people take, I'm just covering the "but sometimes" that comes up).

Hi Andrew, I have a few server errors that point to your addon. Could you take a look?

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\PasswordTools\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1187

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/vicontr/p...', 1187)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1187): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(238): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\PasswordTools\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1451): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(565): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2281): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Thank you,

Andre

Hi Andrew, I have a few server errors that point to your addon. Could you take a look?

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\PasswordTools\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1187

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/vicontr/p...', 1187)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1187): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(238): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\PasswordTools\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1451): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(565): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2281): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Thank you,

Andre
This error will sometimes happen when applying an upgrade as the moderator panel is not available during this time. You shouldn't see this error in normal operations. Let me know if you are seeing differently.

@AndrewSimm ,

I have been using your addon for some time now and have never experienced any issues, so I really appreciate you creating such a diligent addon that assists with much-needed functions. However, I recently upgraded to the newest version, and it seems to be interfering with the DragonByte Credits addon.

Server error log:
XF\PrintableException: Template public:pb_wq_requisite_payout error: Sorry, this account does not have 30.000 RIF Cash available to take. src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Entity/Event.php:415 Generated by: [Removed for privacy] Mar 21, 2023 at 9:56 AMStack trace#0 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php(246): DBTech\Credits\Entity\Event->getCalculatedAmount(Object(DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\Adjust), Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), Object(ArrayObject))
#1 src/addons/PB/WithdrawalQueue/CurrencyHandler/DBTechCredits.php(84): DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->getApplicableEvents(Object(ArrayObject), Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), NULL)
#2 src/addons/PB/WithdrawalQueue/Entity/PaymentSystem.php(115): PB\WithdrawalQueue\CurrencyHandler\DBTechCredits->getChargedAmount(30, 7)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1192): PB\WithdrawalQueue\Entity\PaymentSystem->getActualChargeAmount(30, true)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/pb_wq_requisite_payout.php(110): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(PB\WithdrawalQueue\Entity\PaymentSystem), 'getActualCharge...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\TPM\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('pb_wq_requisite...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('PB\\WithdrawalQu...', 'public:pb_wq_re...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}Request statearray(4) {
["url"] => string(18) "/wallets/69/payout"
["referrer"] => string(31) "https://indexforum.com/wallets/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

1:36
The:
#0 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php(246): DBTech\Credits\Entity\Event->getCalculatedAmount(Object(DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\Adjust), Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), Object(ArrayObject))
#1 src/addons/PB/WithdrawalQueue/CurrencyHandler/DBTechCredits.php(84): DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->getApplicableEvents(Object(ArrayObject), Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), NULL

I'm not sure if those error logs will assist in any way, but any insight or recommendations would help tremendously.

Thank you in advance!

Hello again, I have a suggestion. Is it possible for the admins to leave personal notes in user notes that only they can see? When entering a user note, two options are asked, personal note and general note. Anyone with authority can see the public note, only the author could see the personal note.

@AndrewSimm ,

I have been using your addon for some time now and have never experienced any issues, so I really appreciate you creating such a diligent addon that assists with much-needed functions. However, I recently upgraded to the newest version, and it seems to be interfering with the DragonByte Credits addon.

Server error log:

I'm not sure if those error logs will assist in any way, but any insight or recommendations would help tremendously.

Thank you in advance!
Is this error still occurring or did it only occur while you were upgrading?

In the moderator panel, if the user has more than 40 warnings, only 40 warnings are visible. Can you check?

In the moderator panel, if the user has more than 40 warnings, only 40 warnings are visible. Can you check?
You are correct. It is hard coded at a limit of 40. I can look at addressing this but adding a "See more" button.

Thoughts in creating moderator alerts. For example, Mod A bans long time troll and alerts other moderators of the action.

I am thinking it would be useful for:
1) Bans
2) User notes
3) Warnings

It would be optional for moderators to receive these and it could disabled for instances like banning spam accounts.

Thoughts in creating moderator alerts. For example, Mod A bans long time troll and alerts other moderators of the action.

I am thinking it would be useful for:
1) Bans
2) User notes
3) Warnings

It would be optional for moderators to receive these and it could disabled for instances like banning spam accounts.

Maybe the option for all moderators to be notified when there is a new registration?

Finally getting around to updating this add-on. I've spent the last month updating my articles add-on. Interesting enough, I integrated my articles add-on with OpenAI to recommend better titles (yes, I stole this idea). I am certainly considering passing posts to OpenAI to analyze against forum rules. I will need to figure out how to do this without impact performance.

Last edited:
Hi Andrew, maybe this has nothing to do with "[Andrew] Moderator Panel" but I thought I'd ask. Or maybe you already addressed this before?

I've been wondering why we can't attach files in the reporting? When responding to reports by other mods, sometimes it would be much faster to attach a screenshot when describing a specific problem or solution. I'm having to insert a link to an external image storage (Gyazo).

It would be great to not have to include external sites for something that is "in-house."

Is there a way to add an option to insert an image in the reporting page when we respond to mods, which only moderators will see anyway?

Also, an EDIT function would be greatly appreciated. Typos can be embarrassing, not being able to correct them... UGH!!!

Cheers!

Andre

Top Bottom