Advanced Reputation System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
His code seems to be executing somewhere it definitely shouldn't and my code has worked for hundreds of imports so far therefore I would suggest it is his.

I would need to see the other code to be certain, though.

His code seems to be executing somewhere it definitely shouldn't and my code has worked for hundreds of imports so far therefore I would suggest it is his.

That is very arrogant to assume that your code is fine and others is wrong. But that does not surprise me seeing how much you think of yourself.

FYI, I have imported dozens of vb reputations to xenforo with my mod and I have never had an issue what so ever.

But you seem to be very certain. You don''t need to see the other code because the almighty Chris can never be wrong. As this isn''t the first time that you poke your nose in my mod btw. I thought that you would need permission from the mod author to see the code of paid mods. As per your words to @OverHere or that doesn''t apply to you? So go and mind your business instead of making such comments like my code is fine and it must be the other guy 's code that it is wrong.

It seems there is some kind of bug when XenMedia is installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2423pxaq4xsccrw/Screenshot 2014-10-29 18.13.40.png?dl=0

@Chris D your end or his?

Disable the xenmedia, run the reputation importer, and then re-enable xenmedia again.

What a fantastic person you really are. You really manipulated everything I just said.

And I'm the arrogant one?

Sorry @BamaStangGuy I'll let you and him work it out between you. I'm not going to be insulted like that.

What a fantastic person you really are. You really manipulated everything I just said.

I did not manipulate anything at all. I simply responded to your post. That is all I did.

And I'm the arrogant one?

In this case, yes, you are. Your post above makes that very clear. Immediately assuming that your code is ok, but it is my code that it is at fault. And like I said, this was not your first time butting in my mod. You don''t see me doing that to you.

I'm not going to be insulted like that.

Then you should not insult others first. If you dish it out you should take it as well. But it really wasn''t my intention to insult you. Like I said above, I simply responded to your post. But this is something which is better not being discussed here any further as it goes beyond the scope of this thread.

I'm going to try and remain very calm, despite the fact that I have a lot I could say right now, but it will not help either of us.

The first point I would like to bring to your attention is this:

upload_2014-10-30_8-56-42.webp

I've just added some clarity to the screenshot posted by @BamaStangGuy. That screenshot is a screenshot of MY importer. Yet, it is executing YOUR code. You seem to be under the impression that BamaStangGuy is reporting an issue with your importer, where actually he's reporting an issue with mine, that your code is affecting.

Hence my comment:

My next point to clarify is this:
I thought that you would need permission from the mod author to see the code of paid mods. As per your words to @OverHere or that doesn''t apply to you?
This is where the manipulation comes in. Have a look, where did I ask BamaStangGuy to send me your code without your permission? Of course I'd need permission. Of course my own words apply to me. I was hoping that when I said:
...that you would make a level headed response (understanding the issue being reported which clearly you don't) and we could work together to explore why this might be happening. If you grant me permission to look at the code, I'll happily advise, otherwise there's not much I can do other than tell BSG to disable your add-on and complete the import he is trying to do.

But you seem to be very certain. You don''t need to see the other code because the almighty Chris can never be wrong.
Of course I can be wrong. I'm entitled to an opinion, though. My opinion, currently, is that your code is at fault. Based on the simple reason that BSG is running my importer, yet it seems to be running your importer code. There's no reason this should happen and has never been reported when other people have imported to XMG when other add-ons have been installed.

As this isn''t the first time that you poke your nose in my mod btw.
Correct. And last time you were behaving exactly the same way. Being highly offensive and arrogant yourself, might I add. I stepped in there because a customer of YOURS contacted me for help and you were refusing to help. Guess what? I wasn't wrong there, either. And me "poking my nose in" solved a pretty serious bug in your code. Which you spent days denying.

But this is something which is better not being discussed here any further as it goes beyond the scope of this thread.
It has every right to be discussed further here as one of your customers has reported an issue which could be caused by your code. So instead of being on the defensive, why not try to help your customer as he deserves?

and we could work together to explore why this might be happening.

I don''t want to work with you or have anything to do with you for that matter. You are too arrogant for my taste.

Correct. And last time you were behaving exactly the same way. Being highly offensive and arrogant yourself, might I add. I stepped in there because a customer of YOURS contacted me for help and you were refusing to help. Guess what? I wasn't wrong there, either. And me "poking my nose in" solved a pretty serious bug in your code. Which you spent days denying.

I did not deny it. I couldn''t reproduce it. Which are 2 different things. Anyway, that is in the past now.

This is where the manipulation comes in. Have a look, where did I ask BamaStangGuy to send me your code without your permission? Of course I'd need permission. Of course my own words apply to me.

No, they don''t. With your previous case I don''t remember you asking my permission to look at my mod. And to see how you tore that user to pieces for doing something that you did yourself. If that is not hypocrisy then I don''t know what is. And I will attach a screenshot of what you said to that user in case you don''t remember it anymore.

Attachments

• screen.webp
    screen.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 8
@BamaStangGuy, are you trying to import from the xengallery or the vb reputations from my mod? If the first, then disable my mod and re-enable it after you have finished importing the gallery. If the latter, then disable the mediagallery till you finish importing the reputations and then re-enable it again.

I said the wrong thing, actually.

I don't need your permission at all. BamaStangGuy would need to seek your permission to give me access to the code. The contract is between you and the customer. The scenario you mention previously, I assumed that your customer had permission or was acting within the terms of the license agreement.

I don't need your screenshots, I'm more than capable of finding my own posts myself, thanks.

My comments to OverHere still stand. It's worth noting that OverHere deliberately went against the terms of the license agreement he had agreed to (as the customer) and even proceeded to redistribute the add-on to a third party even after the express permission to do so had been denied.

Therefore for clarity, let me rephrase:

@BamaStangGuy, should you wish me to take a look at this, for you, I would need to see the other add-on's code, but please first seek permission from the author before doing so.

You are too arrogant for my taste.
Likewise.

Anyway, that is in the past now.
You brought it up.

@BamaStangGuy, are you trying to import from the xengallery or the vb reputations from my mod?
Can't you see from the screenshot what he's doing? He's clearly importing using the importer named XMG: Import From vBulletin 3.8 Albums.

Can't you see from the screenshot what he's doing? He's clearly importing using the importer named XMG: Import From vBulletin 3.8 Albums.

It is a little unclear to me otherwise I wouldn''t have asked him. Anyway, the question was directed at him and not you. So please do not start speaking for other users now. Unless you have one of those multiple personalities type of thing, or you are his spokesman lol.

Hi @borbole,

I would like to change the name of "Reputations" to "Gold" throughout the forum (as reputation has a negative connotation on our forum), could you please let me know which templates I would need to edit to achieve this?

I would also like for the Reputations indicator to be displayed at the bottom of the postbit, rather than the top. And to display the total number of reputations in yellow.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @borbole,

I would like to change the name of "Reputations" to "Gold" throughout the forum (as reputation has a negative connotation on our forum), could you please let me know which templates I would need to edit to achieve this?

I would also like for the Reputations indicator to be displayed at the bottom of the postbit, rather than the top. And to display the total number of reputations in yellow.

Thanks.

Hi,

The name can be changed through the phrases only and not by changing any template. You can search for the appropriate phrase and change its value according to your likings.

To display the reputations indicator at the bottom of the postbit,

To display the reputation number in yellow in postbits, at the TMS find the following code for the message_user_info template

HTML:
<strong><span style="border: 1px groove #FFFFFF; background-color:#C50000; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; float:right;">{xen:number $user.reputation_count}</a></span></strong>

and change the color values accordingly. Do that for the 3 instances.

It seems there is some kind of bug when XenMedia is installed:

Screenshot 2014-10-29 18.13.40.webp

@Chris D your end or his?

@borbole with regards to @BamaStangGuy's previous bug report, the below post may be similar to what is happening in your add-on. I thought you might like to know.

Very small bug:

PHP:
public static function load_class_importer($class, array &$extend)
{
    if (strpos(strtolower($class), 'vbulletin') != false AND !defined('bdMedal_Extend_Importer_vBulletin_LOADED'))
    {
        $extend[] = 'bdMedal_Extend_Importer_vBulletin';
    }
}

This code will affect any importer which contains the word 'vbulletin'.

There is now a vBulletin Albums importer in XenForo Media Gallery so your extended importer is running there too.

Congrats on becoming an official XF developer @Chris D

@borbole is there any way your add-on could be integrated with @Luke Foreman's advanced ratings add-on? So say adding a button to the ratings add-on that would prompt bring up your reputation window for that post (I realise this is probably an unlikely request).

Last edited:
@borbole is there any way your add-on could be integrated with @Luke Foreman's advanced ratings add-on? So say adding a button to the ratings add-on that would prompt bring up your reputation window for that post (I realise this is probably an unlikely request).

I do not have access to that other mod as it is a paid one. But if you can ask its coder for permissions to have another coder to look at it in order to integrate it with another mod, and he agrees, then I can integrate it for you for an extra fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom