Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
PHP opcode cache is part of PHP since 5.5 and doesn't require any configuration in XF.

It's either enabled, or not, via php.ini.

(Sort of off topic for this thread now ;))

Reactions: Xon
PHP opcode cache is part of PHP since 5.5 and doesn't require any configuration in XF.

It's either enabled, or not, via php.ini.

(Sort of off topic for this thread now ;))
Yep, I was aware of that.. but it worked fine on one of my sites and not on the other (same server, same php-fpm setup, almost identical config.php - other than username/password, etc).
Opcache is PHP config.
You mean like this (which was in place when I asked the question)? :whistle:
Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 7.18.44 PM.webp

Didn't read and hit upgrade and it blew up my forum. How do I fix this?

Warning: require(/home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mike/public_html/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mike/public_html/index.php on line 6

It looks like you've replaced the library folder rather than merged the contents.

You basically need to re-install the files for XenForo and every add-on.

Chris you really need a warning on the backend of XF to not upgrade this with the one click. My site is destroyed and i have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Been offline for about 24 hours now...

Chris you really need a warning on the backend of XF to not upgrade this with the one click. My site is destroyed and i have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Been offline for about 24 hours now...
As @Xon stated, it seems your forum files have gone awol. If you are able to and have a recent file backup, using that would be sufficient.

If you don't have a recent file backup, the first step would be to download an upgrade copy of the XenForo version you were on and upload these to your server. That should get you to a semi-working state. From there, you'll want to reupload the files for any add-ons that are missing their files.

Generally though, upgrading the add-on with itself is usually safe so not entirely sure what happened here.

I've been using the 1.3.x branch for nearly a year now, the entire duration of it being under development. Using this Add-on install & upgrade add-on, I've literally installed or updated add-ons nearly 719 times for my 3 websites's production environments.

I also heavily use this add-on in my development environment, with 928 installs/updates been done through it since I last refreshed it.

And I have never suffered data-loss because of it.

You are going to need to offer more details, as what information you have offered is useless for providing support.

Last edited:
I've been using the 1.3.x branch for nearly a year now, the entire duration of it being under development. Using this Add-on install & upgrade add-on, I've literally installed or updated add-ons nearly 719 times for my 3 websites's production enviroments.

And I have never suffered data-loss because of it.

You are going to need to offer more details, as what information you have offered is useless for providing support.
I tried to update the update add on itself with the one click. I have used it to update other add ons with one click for a long time with no issues.

I am at version 1.2.2 trying to upgrade to the latest. When I click "Upgrade" in the Upgrade Check area, it just takes me to the Install & Upgrade area. When I choose the ZIP file to upgrade with, the page just refreshes and nothing happens when I hit "Install or Upgrade"

any help?

Disable the add on, upload files manually and do the upgrade manually.

It may not always be possible to upgrade the add on using itself. We may in fact need to explicitly disable this in the future.

Unfortunately, the fact is if certain functions are changed, and the original code is somehow cached, it can cause a problem which at best may lead to you having to do a manual upgrade anyway, or worst (as seems to be the case for at least one person) may stop you from using the Admin CP at all, then we may have no choice. But of course we won't do this unless there's absolutely no other workaround.

I've updated to the latest version and trying to update an add-on the 'old school' way but getting permissions errors. Previous version worked fine.

Add-on files have been manually uploaded via an FTP client.

Selecting the XML file on my local drive.

Deployment Method: File copy

Ticked confirm & start installing.

I get this... "Could not create temporary install directory. Please verify permissions are correct to write to the install/addons directory."

I tried setting the deployment method to FTP as well (I find these options are a bit ambiguous.. file copy/file transfer..) and get the same error.

So, I'm not sure why it would complain about permissions as nothing needs to be uploaded/written to the server.

Upgrading through the standard XF way works fine. Any thoughts please?

Top Bottom