Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
If you're running XF 1.3 Beta 1 there is a bug which prevents the installation of add-ons which add or update BB Code Media Sites.

It will be fixed in Beta 2.

Reactions: rdn
If you're running XF 1.3 Beta 1 there is a bug which prevents the installation of add-ons which add or update BB Code Media Sites.

It will be fixed in Beta 2.
Thanks.
OK I'll wait for Beta 2, No other side effect of it?
No other things to fixed on my side?

Just to clarify, the bug affects all add-on installs whether you use this installer or the default XF installer.

And yeah, it should only be problematic with add-ons that contain BB Code Media Sites. Nothing for you to do.

Reactions: rdn
I'm always getting errors when i update:

Code:
This filter needs the zip extension

Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 32
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 146
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/robbyde1/public_html/relatieforum/admin.php at line 13

Code:
Zend_Filter_Exception: This filter needs the zip extension - library/Zend/Filter/Compress/Zip.php:61
Gegenereerd Door: robby, 2 minuten geleden

Since i installed this add on i can't update through your add on.
Can you help me plz?

The error message explains it. Your server doesn't have the Zip extension.

You will need to ask your host to enable Zip support.

I searched the thread, but found no mention ...
Is there anyway to pre-populate the resource manager URL's? Or do I just have to go through an add the resource manager URL for every addon I have?

If you install or upgrade from a RM URL it will save the URL.
Thanks, new that one. But with a fresh install, all existing addons have no resource manager url allocated so was wondering if there was an import sql or something to bring them all in.

There isn't a way to do that. How would it know where it is in the Resource Manager?
There's always a way ;)
Name matching comes to mind ... an SQL update query that has a value for "CTA Login" with URL xxx, and if it finds "CTA Login" is installed then it updates the URL if one doesn't exist
Just asking the question, before I do it manually.

My add on just unzips and copies the content.

Presumably the files have those spaces already or the app you're using to open them is adding it.

My add on just unzips and copies the content.

Presumably the files have those spaces already or the app you're using to open them is adding it.
I've tried to upload 5 different add-ons like this, and I get the result. So you're saying there is no way the add-on does that? Then it's a server problem then?

There's noting in my code that manipulates files. It doesn't need to. It just extracts and copies.

My dev install is OSX 10.9 and Zend Server and no similar quirks. I've been using the add on for over a year. Primarily for installing and upgrading my own add ons and never seen this.

Just to let you know that when upgrading an addon that changed from an uploaded file to an external download, an error occurs (Not a zip file or similar).

Would probably be wise to check this :)

Liam

There's noting in my code that manipulates files. It doesn't need to. It just extracts and copies.

My dev install is OSX 10.9 and Zend Server and no similar quirks. I've been using the add on for over a year. Primarily for installing and upgrading my own add ons and never seen this.
Just did some more testing. It looks like it happens with NotePad++ on windows. I also checked with the internal FlashFXP notepad, it does spaces there as well for files uploaded via the add-on with zip extension. It works fine on my Mac, so I'm still not sure if it's an add-on problem or server problem.

Top Bottom