Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Please bear with me as I'm learning as I go. I am having trouble installing this add-on. It is point3 I am stuck on
  1. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  2. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  3. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
I have done 1 and 2, but now am stuck on number 3. How do I do that? If I log in to the Admin CP there is no mention of anything. Not sure how to proceed,,

Look for install on the left side of your main screen in the acp. Click on that. In there you will have to install from the files located on your server.

James

The payment addons and purchased not update the rest if for you? to give update puts me in my url of xenforo.com and soon as not able to update it gets otravez as was

Just a suggestion, why just pop-up a login box whenever it is necessary to connect to xenforo.com rather than saving uname/pass unencrypted in database. Nice addon by the way.

You don't have to save the username or password in the database.

It's not possible to use XenForo.com as an external authentication handler, so we either need to type it directly into your admin CP and NOT choose to save it, or just save it unencrypted in your database.

Have installed 1.1.0 onto Xf 1.2.2 and get
The controller XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn does not define an action called UpdateCheck.
when clicking on /admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade or /admin.php?add-ons/update-check

What have I done wrong?

Nothing. It's fine. The upgrade completed successfully but the Upgrade system manages to attempt to run Cron entries when it is not supposed to. I think Mike is aware of this issue so it's likely to be fixed. But the good news is, if you see that error message, your upgrade finished successfully! Congrats!

Nothing. It's fine. The upgrade completed successfully but the Upgrade system manages to attempt to run Cron entries when it is not supposed to. I think Mike is aware of this issue so it's likely to be fixed. But the good news is, if you see that error message, your upgrade finished successfully! Congrats!
Thanks, but there is no fix available? I cannot use the add-on until Mike fixes? When clicking on the links, I only get the message and no fields or options to perform installs/upgrades and update checks.

Nevermind, sorry. I still had "$config['enableListeners'] = 0;" set within config.php. Maybe for next version, you may wish to handle this scenario a little more gracefully? I need to disable all add-ons separately, then globally activate add-ons before I can upgrade them.

Last edited:
My Add-on Install & Upgrade add-on allows you to install/upgrade multiple add-ons with only one cache rebuild.

So you could either select a load of ZIP files which will then be extracted and copied across, have the XML files imported and finally do a single cache rebuild. Or if you prefer to upload the files yourself, you can do that bit manually like you normally would, and just upload multiple XML files which are then imported and finally a single cache rebuild occurs.

Suggestion: Add a 4th option for Install/Upgrade, enabling you to point to a directory patch on your server where you have (ftp/scp) uploaded a bunch of add-ons (either .zip or unzipped in sub-folders) and all within will be actioned from there. Scenario: you upload add-ons to your server and install in dev environment for testing, and then once a week/month you will upgrade/install several add-ons, sort of like "patch tuesday" type of methodology. Since I'm already uploading on to the server for dev, then I don't need to upload again.

The directory tree would be like so ...

-> xf/
---> styles/
---> library/
---> add-ons/
------>completed/
---------> AddOnInstaller-1.0.0.zip
---------> Change Thread Starter 1.0.1.zip
------>todo/
---------> AddOnInstaller-1.1.0.zip
---------> addon-Waindigo_JoinUserGroup-1.1.2b.zip
---------> FoolBotHoneyPot_v2_2_13/
------------> upload/
------------> addon-FoolBotHoneyPot.xml
---------> GritterNotifications-1.6.2.zip
[ ... etc ...]

I would point the add-on installs location path at "add-ons/todo/" and it would process all within, moving them to "../completed/" when successfully completed

Trying to use I see this:

Server Error

This filter needs the zip extension
  1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 32
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 146
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/rearwhee/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom