Add "Do not show this box" option to Mark forum as read confirmation

I think this is a nice feature but I feel for those that use it regularly needa "do not show again". Nice suggestion, I hope this gets implemented and sure it will. *likes*

I use this everytime I read through the 'What's New' page...

Being able to ignore the confirmation, or a hotkey to instantly confirm would be nice.

As someone who uses Mark all forums read a lot, the confirmation box that now pops up is beyond irritating. Please provide the option to check a "Do not show this dialogue again" box so it shows once, and we can suppress it.

I understand why a confirmation was added to this. But this request is also very understandable for power users who know exactly what the "mark all forums read" does and they don't want to waste time on a confirmation. If added it would also need to be added as a preference on the preferences page, in case they want to turn the confirmation back on.

I understand why a confirmation was added to this. But this request is also very understandable for power users who know exactly what the "mark all forums read" does and they don't want to waste time on a confirmation. If added it would also need to be added as a preference on the preferences page, in case they want to turn the confirmation back on.

This was my first thought as well.

It would be interesting to know what % of users mark forum as read more than 1/day. I've never used it.

It would be interesting to know what % of users mark forum as read more than 1/day. I've never used it.

I've never really used it, but some of my users most definitely do. When they're done on the forums for the day, then they mark everything read, so that when they comeback, only new stuff since the last time is marked as new.

I use it everytime I use What's New; as I ignore certain threads and certain forums.

I'll read all the interesting topics, and then I'll check if there are any new posts, and mark all forums as read afterwards, so that I can read posts without having to ignore those threads again.

Has anyone considered something like 'mark forum' as read?

That might be more universally used, especially the Test forum on this site.

thinking....

I've never really used it, but some of my users most definitely do. When they're done on the forums for the day, then they mark everything read, so that when they comeback, only new stuff since the last time is marked as new.

Well the thing is if they leave for a long period of time and hit "What's new?", XF already has a divider between what's old, but unread since last visit, and items unread after that period of time.

I guess for those who want a complete slate that's okay, but then again it's only once or twice they're hitting it. Using that feature a lot to the point of getting annoyed by the dialog just surprises me personally as I've never known someone to use it that often.

If you click "Do not show this again", how can you undo that setting if you want to re-enable it?

For that 1 option?
A lot of work for what is a minor issue and lots of unnecessary bloat IMO.

Perhaps those who don't like it can just edit the code to disable it or someone will create a mod.

For that 1 option?

Perhaps those who don't like it can just edit the code to disable it or someone will create a mod.

not really.

Hopefully they do add this, that confirmation is going to drive me insane

For that 1 option?

How is one option 'a lot of unnecessary bloat'.

It would barely require code probably.

Personally, that #$)(*#$))@##@ confirmation box can go away. I don't read posts per forum. I select "What's new", read what interests me, then mark everything as read. I do this several times a day. Many of my users view forums in the same manner.

For example, I logged in this morning and there was 3 pages of new posts. A fraction of those were of interest and actually had something to do with the development of the software. Those were read. The rest of the fluff was of no interest.

Top Bottom