Ad Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Sorry about another delay. Something came up. Can you give me a screenshot of your page criteria? In private if needed.

Sorry about another delay. Something came up. Can you give me a screenshot of your page criteria? In private if needed.
No problem!

Here is how it is configured:
335Jd.png

2PSZq.png

GUIYj.png

This is the bottom of the "Welcome" category container:
YqhOL.png

This is the bottom of the "Board Information" Forum (within "Welcome"):
Pp2Ua.png

If I un-check the 'page criteria' check-box, the 'Hello World' shows up everywhere (as expected). The problem is that in some of the forums, I cannot place Google Ads because they object to the content.

So, what I am trying to accomplish is to create this ad block, put google ads in it, and only show it on the forums that it is allowed to show in.

So just select all those nodes? Parent nodes probably overwrite the child ones so selecting parents might be the issue.

Hmmm :/ is it the same for all positions? There used to be a bug in certain positions with that.

Hmmm... I have to go to sleep now because I can barely see the screen haha. I'll try get some time to do some tests tomorrow.

Try adding more at different positions. There was a bug in the past with certain positions not getting node data because they were loaded before it was loaded. I had to make a workaround which was working but it could be failing now?

I did some extensive testing, and here is what I found:

Header - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Content - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Top Breadcrumb - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Below Content - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Bottom Breadcrumb - doesn't seem to work at all
merc_position_22 - main page - appears below sidebar, all others - above bottom breadcrumb. With page criteria enabled; works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Below Bottom Breadcrumb - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
merc_position_24 - doesn't seem to work at all
After Everything - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Thread Messages - works
Below Thread Messages - works
Before Quick Reply - doesn't seem to work at all
merc_position_20 - works in thread display only
merc_position_21 - not at all
After Quick Reply - works
Message Body - don't see where it posts at all
Below Message - doesn't work

I did some extensive testing, and here is what I found:

Header - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Content - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Top Breadcrumb - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Below Content - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Bottom Breadcrumb - doesn't seem to work at all
merc_position_22 - main page - appears below sidebar, all others - above bottom breadcrumb. With page criteria enabled; works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Below Bottom Breadcrumb - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
merc_position_24 - doesn't seem to work at all
After Everything - works in category & thread display, not in forum display
Above Thread Messages - works
Below Thread Messages - works
Before Quick Reply - doesn't seem to work at all
merc_position_20 - works in thread display only
merc_position_21 - not at all
After Quick Reply - works
Message Body - don't see where it posts at all
Below Message - doesn't work
When you say not in forum display what do you mean? It won't show up on the forum index if it is set only to certain nodes... can't change this right now as it is a XenForo limitation in using the XenForo criteria system. A future version will either extend it or use my own system to make this much easier and better. For now you will have to make 2 ads each time.. one for the nodes it is allowed on and one for each forum tab selected I guess :/
And the ones that don't work at all I have no idea about... this add-on is a pain to get to work because of various limitations.

I can't put time to fixing all this right now. I want to but I have pushed back the gallery far too much. What I will do is get the gallery into private betas and sort it out with the rewards from the crowd fund and once I have something for them to play with and give feedback on I will come back to this and get a big proper release out reworking the criteria system and hopefully get the new position system in.

However that said, I could make an additional small add-on which I will make disable the whole Ad Manager add-on when in certain nodes if you want? Just a simple option along the lines of node IDs separated by commas and I will insert little workarounds before the ad stuff loads as a temporary solution?

When you say not in forum display what do you mean? It won't show up on the forum index if it is set only to certain nodes... can't change this right now as it is a XenForo limitation in using the XenForo criteria system. A future version will either extend it or use my own system to make this much easier and better. For now you will have to make 2 ads each time.. one for the nodes it is allowed on and one for each forum tab selected I guess :/
And the ones that don't work at all I have no idea about... this add-on is a pain to get to work because of various limitations.

Correct - when I view the list of threads (and have the 'page criteria' options set to specific categories & forums), it does not show.

I can't put time to fixing all this right now. I want to but I have pushed back the gallery far too much. What I will do is get the gallery into private betas and sort it out with the rewards from the crowd fund and once I have something for them to play with and give feedback on I will come back to this and get a big proper release out reworking the criteria system and hopefully get the new position system in.

However that said, I could make an additional small add-on which I will make disable the whole Ad Manager add-on when in certain nodes if you want? Just a simple option along the lines of node IDs separated by commas and I will insert little workarounds before the ad stuff loads as a temporary solution?

I undersand completely! One thing I had done was tried to put an 'if' statement and enable the ad block globally. That didn't seem to work though. The statement I was attempting was along the lines of:
Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$forumId}, array(23,29,32,40,49))">

I plan to do proper analytics some of my own stuff but better to integrate with other free analytic services.

Top Bottom